cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Still connected to Sky. No vodafone service after 8 days.

Davrosx
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My switch over date from Sky to Vodafone was the 3rd of November 2020. Despite having been on to the Vodafone online help several times I am still without service. Can anyone advise if it is possible to connect to the Vodafone DSL service whilst I am still receiving a service from Sky. Too be clear I am not seeking a simultaneous connection. Basically what I noticed after 2 days of unsuccessful troubleshooting with the Vodafone equipment plugged in is that if I just connected up my Sky router the internet works perfectly straight away. This has left me of the belief I am still connected to Sky at the exchange. Does anyone know if they share equipment? Vodafone support raised a ticket to escalate me to the next stage of support and most recently yesterday I received a SMS from them saying my router was now "provisioned" and to hard reset and leave for 2 hours but it has been 24 hours with no change. Sky still works instantly when I checked. The rest of the house is now hooked to mobile broadband to leave the Vodafone box doing nothing but i suspect this is a waste of time if I'm still hooked to Sky. Any advice from the community?

3 REPLIES 3

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

If you are still getting broadband with the Sky router on you have definitely not been transferred.

You can check who is providing the service here: https://www.whoismyisp.org/

On the day of transfer you may be contacted by Openreach and asked to put the new router on so they can carry out their tests. I would not remove the Sky router until it stops working and then change it for the VF one.

And no they do not share any equipment.

100% i work in IT and can say I am being allocated a Sky IP.

Openreach came on my installation day and said that they had been told to install a new line as that is what the job from Vodafone told him. He was surprised to find i had an existing line with an existing connection as he said he had just spent ages adding a brand new connection to the street to accommodate me.

He setup a blinking gadget on my line to assist in identifying my existing line at the street box and then said i was switched over at the exchange. We plugged in the Vodafone box and could see a dsl connection so we thought all good. I was told it make take time for the connection to activate so we waited. I spoke with Vodafone support and they said the same, just wait and it will start working but no joy. The box still shows a DSL connection but logs show continual CHAP authentication failures. I'll be leaving the Sky box connected until it stops working but will get back onto Vodafone in the meantime. Thanks 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm disappointed to see you've had this kind of experience with the connection of your broadband service @Davrosx! So we can access your account and check what's happened, pop us a private message though one of our social channels and we'll take a look 👀