cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Superfast 1 installation - engineer visit really needed?

perishingtardis
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I currently have 36 MBPS fibre to the cabinet (FTTC) from Plusnet. This is using a BT/Openreach phone line with a filtered master socket.

My contract with Plusnet is ending, and I have just ordered Superfast 1 broadband (36 MBPS again) with Vodafone. I assumed that this would also be FTTC, and therefore the service would be activated at the cabinet without requiring an engineer to visit my home. However, when ordering I was asked to select a date and time for the engineer to visit my property.

Does anyone know whether this engineer appointment is actually needed, or is it just some standard thing that always appears during the online order process? I would prefer not to take a day off work unnecessarily. Since I already have FTTC I do not see what an engineer would need to do at my property. 

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Farai
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @perishingtardis, an engineer would only enter your property if a home set up wasn't possible. The engineer visit is required to activate your connection at the cabinet though, so that the service goes live at the inside the property 👍 We would let you know in advance if the there is a need them to enter the property at all.

Ok thanks, so since my existing connection with Plusnet was FTTC and the new Vodafone Superfast 1 connection is also (I assume) FTTC, then likely the engineer won't need to visit my home?

That's correct @perishingtardis, it will simply be a matter of switching your connection from your current provider over to ourselves 👍

Ok great - thanks 🙂