Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Switched broadband to Vodafone today and not working

NickMW
3: Seeker

I have just moved today to Vodafone for the first time.  My TalkTalk switched off as expected early this morning and connected the new router.  Solid white light for Internet so all looking good but nothing working at all. Tried resets, power downs, different cables etc etc and nothing.

My kids need access to home schooling, I am trying to work from home.  I sat on hold for an hour and half and lost battery life, we chat unavailable - help!

33 REPLIES 33

lou03582

Exactly the same here, sky broadband stopped first thing, need it desperately due to kids obviously being at home. 
Sat on hold to them......fingers crossed they can help!!

Hi Lou - it is a nightmare and seems to have rolled into today :Sad_face:

Did you manage to get anywhere with yours?  

I cannot get through to customr services, no reply here or on Twitter.  Getting a bit desperate now!

Hi, nope, sat on hold for 6 hours and no joy. 
our router is connected, our devices confirm this but the router is not connected to the internet, is this the same as you?? 
so very frustrating and as you say cannot get through to anyone so not sure what to do. 

Did you have any luck? I switched to Vodafone on Monday and the router is showing a white light as connected, the app is showing 80mps speed which i think is good, but I cannot get any proper connection on my phone. I haven't connected any other devices yet. It is connected to my phone but it's so slow that it won't even refresh Twitter or Facebook. 

Exactly the same - white light and power on the router showing - connects to all devices via WiFi but no internet. On the app it is showing it is aconnected at 21.8mbps but relly there is nothing.

I cannot get through to anyone and it is driving me nuts - have spent countless hours on it already:

call centre - noone available to take your call,

online chat - no advisers available, 

twitter - no response at all

Forum - no Vodafone response

Help!!!

The only thing I haven't tried, which I will now, is changing the WiFi channel, if I can work out how to do it!. Not sure if this will help but will let you know if it does!

Thanks. Sounds like we all have an identical problem.

I have changed channels, split channels, connected via cable, wifi - it just seems that it is not activated yet :Sad_face:

I had a connection but a very slow connection. I just changed channels and thought I had resolved it but as soon as I connected my laptop it seems to have failed again. 

Yes I have all the lights and confirmation it's connected to my devices but the router isn't to the internet. 
I feel it's not been activated, wish I hadn't left sky now 😫
If you get anywhere please let me know x