cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Switching from Vodafone to Virgin Media with Monthly Offer That expires in 18 months

JoeMurkey
1: Seeker

I have tried calling virgin Media for the past 2 weeks, but I always got a reply saying the call centre was closed. I tried using live chat, but the support agent told me to call, which was closed.

I am currently with Vodafone. I have found a Virgin media online exclusive offer which is £25/month for 18 months with an 18 month contract, then it goes up to £49/month. So I have 3 questions:

1. Can I cancel as soon as the 18 months are up so I never have to pay the £49/month?
  2. I have already cancelled with Vodafone and that line will be terminated. Now if I buy that offer and choose an installation date which is 3 days before my Vodafone broadband terminates, can I avoid any downtime with no internet?
  3. Is there anything else I need to be aware of when switching?

The offer expires in 24 hours. Please reply fast, once this expires I will not be switching to Vodafone and will instead be moving to sky (they cost £1 more per month, but their customer service was much clearer)

Thank You.

4 REPLIES 4

MarkD

Hi @JoeMurkey 

We're sorry to hear that you're leaving the Broadband service. Have you already spoken directly to our cancellations team? Once you have had that conversation, we will let you know by text message, e-mail or letter the disconnection date. Your services will go off at any point on that date. 
Following the disconnection, you will receive a final bill unless you have any other services on the same account. 

The information about the offers with the new provider, we would recommend contacting them directly 👍

Slamdog
4: Newbie

I can only say that I'm with Virgin, and thinking of returning to VF. I left when I moved house and had no telephone line, so was easier to go Virgin which was already in.

I will only get maybe 50 mbps with VF, and I get the 1 gbit package with Virgin. If I'm willing to sacrifice that much speed and have to pay for an extra line since I'm stuck in contract, then let that tell you how awful they are when you have a fault (currently 9 weeks and no fix in site).

I would honestly stay put.

clint_flick
12: Established
12: Established

Hi

Good luck with VM

0800 952 8046

0800 064 3836

Ask to speak to Hans Christian Andersen, then the fairy stories they tell you may well be entertaining, but more likely outright lies once you are a customer.

VodaFone seem dull and flat by comparison, but that is not a bad thing.

Nearly 3 months and Virgin haven't fixed my problem. The ombudsman (I had to do this) has just given them an ultimatum, fix it or let me out. STILL no contact from them!  Go anywhere but Virgin, you will regret it.

I'll lose my gbit connection,  but past caring.