Ask

Solution

Thinking of joining Vodafone then read this

gipjon
16: Advanced member

Are you thinking of joining Vodafone 

Vodafone seam to have a new policy 

Vodafone have wrote to me and have said it is normal for your internet to get disconnected every day . This is not a fault and this will not get reported to openreach as a fault.

My advice would be have a good read of the Vodafone forum and do your research before joining Vodafone 

When I joined Vodafone my order had to be cancel 4 times due to Vodafone getting the order wrong .

Next the last order that was placed was delayed by 4 weeks 

Finally get broadband and it's half the speed 

7 weeks later finally gets the correct speeds.

Broadband works ok for about a month and then started dropping every day and Vodafone refused to report the issue to openreach 

As of today Vodafone broadband still drop's every day and Vodafone wrote to me and said it's normal 

15 REPLIES 15

txxr
4: Newbie

Experiencing very similar here. Had broadband installed 4 weeks ago. First 2 weeks nothing happened, speed was 15Mbps below estimated speed. Then after 2 weeks the line started to drop every night in the early hours as if DLM is trying to make an adjustment and it continues to drop nightly to this day.

On the first drop it lowered the target SNR margin to 5db and 2 nights ago the target SNR margin lowered to 4db so i’m now 8Mbps below the estimate. 

Fortunately I have not had any decrease  in speed as yet. 

Jayach

It's unusual for DLM to reduce your SNR so low unless it thinks you have a very stable line, but if you're so low below the estimated it seems strange. Have you tried in the test socket in a case your internal wiring is affecting it.(assuming you have internal wiring)

Obviously disconnecting/reconnecting may set the DLM back.

What does the BT Broadband (btwholesale.com) checker say you should expect?

As I say the line is very stable other than something instructing the router to resync in the early hours every night. 

The BT broadband checker give a high speed of 71Mbps. The router is now syncing at 68.1Mbps which would be great if my actual throughput speed on the download rate wasn’t capped at 88% of my sync speed. 

There is some very odd behaviour going on and it doesn’t seem to be limited to my own experience. 

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey there @txxr - Could you drop us a message on social media so that we can run some tests on your line and see what's what? Make sure to include a link to this forum thread, so that you don't have to repeat yourself and your landline/account number.

gipjon

Dont see that doing much you told me that after runing tests on my line because of my broadband disconnecting every day that i have had 26 firmware updates in 26 days 

.what a joke 

Jayach

@gipjon

Out of interest what firmware do you have? Maybe it tries to update, fails, and then tries again next day.

The latest firmware I have seen most people report is 19.2.0307-3261013, although one person said he had 19.2.0307-3261014.

gipjon

On the Firmware version 19.2.0307-3261013 not seen any one with the 14 yet

Jayach

@gipjon wrote:

On the Firmware version 19.2.0307-3261013 not seen any one with the 14 yet

This was the one Re: Upload speed 0.00 - Community home (vodafone.co.uk)

I really do think as the reconnects are occurring at that time it is something instigated by the DSLAM or DLM.

Jayach

@gipjon

Regarding the latest firmware level I have 2 THG3000 routers. My original and one they sent me whilst fault finding (it wasn't the router).

The original steadfastly refused to get any higher than 19.2.0203-3261005 and the other was 19.2.0307-3261013. Now they look identical and both say the Hardware Type & Version is Vox3.0v

For the last month or so I have been using a different router, but after that other poster said his firmware was higher I thought I would put them back on and see it they would update.

Well, the original that was 19.2.0203-3261005 updated to 19.2.0307-3261019, the other one has stayed at 19.2.0307-3261013 and it's been running for 5 days.

This leads me to suspect that are slightly different hardware, despite both claiming to be Vox3.0v

Oh, and the craziest part, they both now have the channel change option.

Go figure.