Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Two days after switch date and no internet connection

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi. I switched to Vodafone superfast broadband. We had standard BB with our previous provider. Our activation date was Thursday. Before this we were told that it wasn't necessary for an engineer to visit. Yesterday I received a call from Vodafone telling me that an engineer did need to visit but this will not be until June because of the CV pandemic. We have a working phone line and have had a number of previous BB providers without the need for an engineer to visit. The Vodafone hub is on with a flashing red light. Is this something to do with the upgrade to superfast BB. If Vodafone sent us a basic router would this work? We can't be without the internet for 2 months! Thanks for your help. 

2 REPLIES 2

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Anonymous, I'm sure there's something we can do to keep you connected. As we'll need access to your account to get you the most accurate information about transferring you over to us and why we'll need an engineer to visit your property, pop us a message via Facebook or Twitter and we'll be happy to help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've cancelled my Vodafone contract and Virgin Media are arriving today to install our fibre broadband. Virgin Media understands that they are an essential service provider. Vodafone should be increasing call centre resource not reducing it. No one picked up the phone. I've seen posts of other customers who have been on hold for 3+ hours to speak to someone. Vodafone knew there were problems with new fibre activations prior to my switch date and so should have warned me to give me an opportunity to postpone my switch. Telling me the day after I was cut off that an engineer did need to visit our home (after previously sending me an email saying that an engineer didn't need to visit my home) but this wouldn't happen until June is appalling. At this point I had no other choice but to subscribe to Virgin Media as they do the installations themselves and are continuing to do so.