Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Upgrade to FFTP has left us with no internet or phone connection

Rjb1979
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Having been offered an upgrade from our FFTC to FFTP, we were pleased with a great offer of £24 per month including calls.

Having placed the order we were phoned a week later to be informed that our order had been placed incorrectly and had to be replaced, knocking out connection back a week. Accepting mistakes happen, we rescheduled, only to be called again to say the order was set up wrong a 2nd time and they'd have to reschedule our install again. So by this stage I had now booked out 3 mornings in my diary for the install.

So on Wednesday our visit from openreach actually happened - but the engineer couldn't complete it as he was not multi-skilled. No word came from Vodafone as to when another engineer would attend, and we then received a know at the door, out of the blue, this morning from another openreach engineer.

He got everything set up and informed us we were all good to go.  Our internet went fine for about 10 mins, and then we lost everything. 

After contacting customer service, I was then informed the line has not been activated, and to make matters worse our old copper line had been disconnected. I'm now told I can't get internet until at least Monday or Tuesday next week, and I have awful phone reception at home. Do these people not realise the issues loosing the internet causes to the self employed working from home. They seem to think £15 compensation and an apology (with we can't do anything else to help you) is sufficient. Funny how they'll offer a new customer up to £100 incentive to join them but then insult existing customers with a £15 goodwil gesture after leaving us with no internet for potentially a week. Fuming, is an instatement 😡

0 REPLIES 0