Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

VF says Gigafast Unavailable, but available with BT, TalkTalk, Sky etc

SputterOut
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi, I've checked online and spoken to VF and they say FTTP is unavailable at my property, whereas all the other providers I've checked (Sky, BT, TalkTalk, Zen) all seem to be able to offer at least 150MB.

It's all using the same OpenReach lines, so any idea why VF are lagging behind the rest?

I don't particularly want to change providers, not least because it'll mean me having to buy out of my current contract due to mistakenly believing VF when I was told back in January that Gigafast would be rolled out to me "soon".

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Another poster in the same situation as you said they were allowed to leave without penalty.

You may have to go through Complaints Code of Practice | Vodafone to get to deadlock before they will agree to it.

View solution in original position

11 REPLIES 11

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @SputterOut If the service is available through other providers, it should be available through ourselves too. So we can take a look into this for you, please pop us your full postcode (If you'd prefer not to post this publicly, add it to the personal information in your profile where only our moderators and yourself can see it) and we'll be happy to look into this for you 😊

Thanks Mark, I just called you about an hour ago to check this and was told it still wasn't available.  Will put my postcode into my profile as suggested

gipjon

some times the info on the database can be wrong.  I have this issue . I get 70mb but if you go on vodafone website it  say you can only get a max of 44mb . 4 months later after chasing openreach and vodafone it's still the same . They just blame each other . Openreach says it's up to vodafone to sort  it with openreach. Vodafone said they can't and that I need to sort it with openreach 

Thanks for getting back to us to @SputterOut, we can see that the town on your profile has been updated but we can't see the full postcode, are you able to check that this was saved for us please? 🙂

Hi. Yes definitely saved, postcode is *** *** for ease.

Thanks for the postcode @SputterOut, we've checked our systems and it's showing that we don't current supply the Fibre to the Premises in that area. It's frustrating if other providers are able to provide to this service using the same infrastructure. As soon as we get the go ahead that we can supply the service, we'll get our availability tracker update on our website here

Hi Mark,

Frustrating indeed - I feel like I have no choice but to move providers at this point.

Can you tell me why this situation has occurred? If everyone else can provide it, surely this is just an admin oversight? If that’s the case can it not be escalated rather than just having to wait an indefinable amount of time...?

Appreciate your help so far,

Jayach

Another poster in the same situation as you said they were allowed to leave without penalty.

You may have to go through Complaints Code of Practice | Vodafone to get to deadlock before they will agree to it.

Farai
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Unfortunately, as this also depends on work from third parties, we aren't able to provide a timeframe on whatever work they'd need to do.  I'm really sorry we haven't been more helpful @SputterOut