Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone PPPoE email has a typo on the consumer ending suffix for the username

jamesmacwhite
4: Newbie

It's nice that Vodafone sends the PPPoE email in advance of being activated without having to ask for the details through customer support, but the email sent has a typo with the username suffix. In the email it has @broadband @vodafone.co.uk, which is incorrect. The second @ symbol, should actually be a full stop so it forms the valid domain name. Given I'm a business customer it didn't matter to me and I had already researched what the configuration required, given I'm using my own modem and router but others who simply copy and paste from this email, might get caught out here because on first glance nothing seems out of place, until you realise the @ symbol is in the suffix twice.

jamesmacwhite_0-1600964342422.png

Ideally, the email should have the username on a single line with the username + suffix concatenated together so it's really clear that that's meant to be the username, not just dslxxxxx, although fixing the typo is beneficial if nothing else.

Hope this can be corrected for future customers!

The image will likely need to be approved first by moderators on the forum, but hopefully my explanation above will clarify what the image is conveying , if you can't see it .

3 REPLIES 3

Andy

Hi @jamesmacwhite thanks so much for bringing this to our attention, I have raised this to the relevant teams so we can look at making the necessary changes, thanks again 😊

Andy

Hi @jamesmacwhite just a follow up on this, could I ask what the subject line was for this email, this will help the team locate it? 😊

Hi.

The subject line was "Your Vodafone Broadband - using an existing Vodafone router"