Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone and cityfibre are crooks

da1e85
7: Helper
7: Helper

I had my cityfibre gigafast installed today it worked for all of 30mins and a slower speed than the old dial up Internet.

Calls to Vodafone all day have just fobbed me off saying they were running final checks which would be done in 8, hours funny enough I contacted them in 8 hours later to be told it will take 8 to 10 hours. No mention of an engineer visit to rectify the issue. I'm not even waiting to see what happens now I'm just going to cancel its far too much agro when even Vodafone can't give a straight answer now I'm left with no Internet so I can't work from home the bay monitor etc doesn't work it is an utter shambles 

19 REPLIES 19

Jayach
16: Advanced member

There are often "teething troubles" when a new service goes live, Why are you without internet? Did you cancel the previous service, or was it stopped automatically because you upgraded?

It was stopped automatically because of the upgrade 

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry your having some issues with your recent upgrade to a Gigafast service @da1e85 - you can run some set up/connection checks following the steps on our online support page

If you're still not connected, please come and chat to the Home Broadband team here

I've tried contacting the broadband team I'm just getting fobbed off I was on the phone for 7 hours yesterday 

thats Vodafones great customer service for you :Winking_smiley:

It's ridiculous how hard is it to get another engineer visit

just getting any kind of action of of them is non existent!

they can talk and make promises but never follow through with anything!

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

So we can contact the Gigafast team for you @da1e85 , please pop my team a message via social media - if you remember to include a link to your post, along with your community username, you won't need to explain yourself again to us. 

When greeted by the automated options, please just select Get Started > Message an agent, and this will get you through to us directly. 

@krisbattye I've popped a reply to your other post here

Jayach

@da1e85 wrote:

It was stopped automatically because of the upgrade 

That is really bad, because of the fact that things don't always go smoothly, they should really keep the VDSL service up until they have confirmation the new one is fully running.

As it's CityFibre it should be particularly easy to do so, as Openreach aren't involved. (If it was Openreach you could understand them disconnecting one when they install the other)