Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Will I be charged £60 for switching broadband from Virgin Media

PB20
3: Seeker

When I placed the order it mentioned nothing about this!  

Is this a hidden charge?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Please speak to the dedicated Vodafone Broadband Team "08080 034 515  (free from all UK landlines and mobiles) with lines open between 8am and 11pm, seven days a week." and they'll officially clarify for you @PB20 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

PB20

It said nothing about an installation fee when I placed the order.  If its £60 i'll go elsewhere and get it installed for nothing 

BandOfBrothers

Have Vodafone sent you some information via email to say they will levy charges @PB20 

From the Vodafone Broadband T&C's

"3.3.         Installation. You must be the current occupier of the property or have permission of the property owner for us to install the Services at your address. We will visit your premises on the installation date provided in your Service Confirmation Letter. You or another person authorised by you who is over 18 needs to be present during the installation.  There may be a fee for an engineer visit, we will let you know the cost if this is required."

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Hi and thanks for replying.

My original order had a dash next to installation.  I do not want to pay £60 for something other providers will not charge for. 

This is what I received via email. 

Just to confirm, your engineer appointment to activate your new broadband and phone service at has been booked for between 13:00 and 18:00

Remember to make sure someone aged 18+ is at your address on the day, or you may have to pay a missed appointment charge. For full details, see our list of prices on our broadband page.

Important Coronavirus (COVID-19) information
During your installation, the engineer will do everything they can to connect your broadband and phone from outside your property.

However, in some cases the engineer may need to enter your home to complete the installation. Rest-assured, they'll be following strict safety procedures and will wipe down any surfaces they've come into contact with before they leave.

Please complete the following steps in preparation for your installation:

• Clear a path to your main telephone socket (if you have one)
  • Wipe down any surfaces that the engineer is likely to come into contact with
  • If possible, open any windows and doors around where the engineer will need to work

Please also take a moment to watch this video which has more information about what to expect during your installation visit.

Important: if you’re switching from a non-Openreach provider, for example Virgin Media, we’d recommend making sure your current service does end until your Vodafone broadband has been successfully installed.?

For more information visit our dedicated support page.

On your activation date  
Once the engineer has finished installing your line, you'll need to plug in your Vodafone router. Just follow the instructions in the setup guide that came with it - and remember to use the microfilter supplied, if necessary. 

It can take until midnight on the day for your service to go live - so don't worry if you’re not connected straight away. 

Want to change your date? 
You can change your appointment up until 9pm two working days before your scheduled visit. Any later than this and you may have to pay a missed appointment charge. For details of what these charges may be, see our full list of prices online. 

Need to get in touch? 
If you have any questions, you can chat with us online using the details below.

Need further help? Check out our handy video guides for getting the most common broadband issues sorted.

Thank you,

The Easy Switch Team.

BandOfBrothers

Please speak to the dedicated Vodafone Broadband Team "08080 034 515  (free from all UK landlines and mobiles) with lines open between 8am and 11pm, seven days a week." and they'll officially clarify for you @PB20 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Sorry to hijack but after my second activation date failed, I found this quite amusing, surely that's a trade description act name:

The Easy Switch Team.