Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

will i ever be activated?

amyannewil3
2: Seeker

So i got my new hub on 25th after switching from Sky for pricing reasons and the 'easy switch over' (ha) my activation date was the 30th - here i am, wifi-less. I've been working form home for 4 days using my data hotspot so cannot WAIT for that bill to come in! along with awful signal. I've messaged Vodafone on twitter, i've tagged them in the bad customer service post and i've had no reply which is ironic. Is it honestly going to be june when this is all sorted? I dont need a engineer in the house - thats why i chose it. I need a solid answer instead of the people on the phone telling me 4 different things! (2 hours, 2 days, 48 working hours, next week possibly)

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hey @amyannewil3 

Totally appreciate your not happy with what's happening with the activation of your Broadband.

Unfortunately as there is no account access assistance via the forum anymore you will need to persevere with customer service or the Vodafone Social Media Teams.

I know that's easier said than done !!

🏳️‍🌈 Stay 7 🏳️‍🌈

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Appreciate the reply! It is a lot easier said than done - they replied to my friend who posted my post too asking me to slide into their DM's, so i did. And 0 reply.

i totally understand whats going on right now, but whyyyyy didnt they postpone the switch overs and acivations? They'll have saved themselves a lot of abuse and work. they'll probably fork out more money compensating people then losing the bills for a few months.

Dabbs
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @amyannewil3. I'm sorry you haven't received a response in regards to your query. If you leave your social media handle on the thread, we'll get someone to look into this straight away. If don't want to leave this publicly, then please leave this on your profile, so we can see this privately. Let us know once you've done this. Thanks 😊

losingit

I received my box on April 3rd and was supposed to be activated on April 8th . 18 phone calls later and eventually told today that it will be at least April 21st before an engineer even goes near my box. All other agents told me that engineers were working on it every day and that by midnight on each of those 5 days that I would have my broadband. I have lived in the same house for 17 years and had 4 different broadband providers but never had one day without broadband except a few hours during change over.

3 people here trying to work from home due to covid 19 but Vodafone  don't care 🤷‍♀️ 

I will be posting on whatever social media I can in order to tell others never to consider Vodafone no matter how cheap. We have spent so much on data and lost so many work hours- nothing will compensate us.

NEVER CONSIDER SIGNING UP TO VODAFONE- DONT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE PLEASE

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Drop us a DM on Facebook or Twitter @losingit and one of our team will help you get connected.

Hi

My hardware arrived a few days before activation.

I powered it on changed the DEFAULT passwords and found it broadcasting.

I fitted the OpenReach socket some weeks earlier.  Therefore no engineer had to set foot inside.

The wiring seems to work, the engineer spoke thru the door after 20 - 30 minutes at the cabinet, and lo and behold I had a connection.

Therefore would I say sign up with VodaFone just as vehemently as you decry them?