main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Broadband connection

5GHz network not showing and slow speed - switch channel is only answer

Highlighted
3: Seeker

I've constantly getting issues with the 2.4GHz netwerk seemingly throttling and the only solution I ever get is change channel from the 'experts'.  It gets thta bead that i have to switch to mobile data!!

Lately the new issue is that the 5GHz option for Wifi has completely disappeared and cannot get it to show again.  On top the router page will not display any of the settings to check the what the router is doing.

This is hands down the worst broadband I have had and cannot wait to leave vodafone!  Checking the terms of service and hopefully I can get rid of this nightmare sooner rather than later

View more options
3 REPLIES 3

Hey @joeyv6, I'm sorry to hear your 5ghz option has disappeared. I've seen this happen before and the quickest way to resolve it is a replacement router 👍

Please contact us via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or get in touch on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK. Make sure to provide a link to this thread, along with your username; this will save time and we’ll be able to help you quicker.

View more options
3: Seeker

@tj I had to give the chat advisor that resolution last night after spending an hour with them. They said they had never seen it before and insisted I go through all the usual checks like reset etc which I had told them I had already done.  

Im not taking this into a PM as it’s needs to be public so others can make a better judgement of the service and equipment provided by vodafone before letting with their money for a sub standard service. The routers are useless and you have constantly manually switch channels just to maintain a decent connection on WiFi. I’m talking weekly!! 

Maybe you could offer to send me a good router that will solve all the issues or even better just let me leave and go back to plusnet as I had no issues at all with them for 8 years 

View more options

I'm glad you've manged to get a replacement router sorted @joeyv6, please continue to keep me updated and let me know how you get on with it.

You're also more than welcome to use your own third party router, as long as it's approved by Openreach - you can get back in touch via Live Chat for more information on this 👍

View more options