Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

5GHz wifi - Status: Off & Not appearing

Hookachooga
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello!

So I've been trying to split my main wifi into 2.4GHz & 5GHz bands and have followed all instruction of expert mode > Wifi > Split Wifi bands (SSID) and have ended up with the following: (Excuse the silly SSID)

Wifis.PNG

Great! Thought that was super simple and clicked apply. But nothing appeared on my 5GHz capable devices.

When I have looked in Status & Support > Status, I find the following:

Status Off.PNG

Which shows the status of my 5GHz wifi as 'Off'.

Any advice?

Thank you!

12 REPLIES 12

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I'm not sure if this can help you @Hookachooga 

Wireless-channel-selection-missing-in-expert-mode. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you for the response.

Unfortunately the android version of the app doesn't seem to have this option. Also, a lot of the complaints about not being able to select channels seem to say that their default is over 100, whereas mine seems to have defaulted to 48.

Jayach
16: Advanced member

The THG3000 does have a habit of "getting it's knickers in a twist".

I would suggest resetting the wifi tab back to it's default settings (twirly arrow top right). If the 5Ghz doesn't come back on then use the toggle to switch both off (there doesn't seem to be a way to switch them on/off separately) and back on again.  Don't forget to use the Apply button between each change.

It all that doesn't cure it a factory reset may be the only solution.

Thanks for the response.

Resetting the wifi setting didn't help so I tried a factory reset. Now 5GHz has Status: On but it still isn't appearing on my devices. Could it now be because it has defaulted to a channel of 112 and that is too high? 

Jayach

You can see the channel it is using under Status & Support. and if your device can't use 112 then probably.

Do you have an Android phone as you can use an old version of the Vodafone broadband app to still change the channels.

Do you have advice on how to download a previous version of the app?

I have downloaded an earlier version of the app, manually set the channel to 36... Nothing. 40... Nothing. Status: On but still not appearing on any devices.

The device I am trying to connect is an Oculus Quest 2, so I know for a fact it is 5GHz capable.

Jayach

You should also be able to download a wifi scanner app from the play store for your phone to ensure it is in fact broadcasting.

Can you connect the phone to the 5Ghz?

It does not appear to be visible on the Wifi Scanning app that I downloaded.