main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Broadband connection

Absolutely Pathetic Service. I WANT OUT.

3: Seeker

Had enough. Got the broadband in July and have had connection losses every single day. At the moment it's disconnecting several times a day.

Twice I've been on to support through chat and been fobbed off with stupid excuses like move the router away from the tv. That would affect the wi-fi. NOT the incoming connection. 

My last attempt was a phone call in which I was advised to try the test port and see what happens. Same issue and why was I advised that if it was the issue I could get a new one and it would only cost ME a couple of quid. ME?!

I really wish I had done my research before getting Vodafone. All over the internet are tales of similar.

A new router was sent to me. Within an hour of it being plugged in and after me having to cancel plans for the day so I could hand back the old one, it disconnected 3 times.

I can't use streaming services without interruption. The effect it has had on my online gaming is so atrocious that an account on one game became corrupted due to the amount of times I was disconnected mid play and unable to save.

I want compensated for all of this utter crap I have had to put up with and if I am not then my DD will be getting stopped, unfortunately too late to stop before the payment that will be taken on the 10th of this month. I'm paying for an Xbox subscription I can barely use and a streaming service that stops while the internet has one of it's many cut outs. Ridiculous.

I have lost out on tickets for shows I wanted twice now due to my connection cutting out and by the time it restarts the shows were sold out. I am so bloody angry about this. I will be reporting it to whoever deals with complaints outside of the company. I feel sorry for the employees who have to deal with annoyed customers like myself. 

Word of advice. DONT USE VODAFONE.

View more options
16 REPLIES 16
14: Advanced member

are you saying the internet sync is dopping or are you saying your wifi is dropping devices 

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

I appreciate this hasn't been a good experience for you @Malcy86 

Are you experiencing Wi-Fi drops or is your line dropping? Do you see the internet light on the router change when it drops? 

View more options

It's the Internet that's dropping numerous times a day. The internet light has been flashing green or else it's a solid red as well sometimes.

Really had enough now. I was due a callback on Thursday but that never arrived. I just keep getting fobbed off.

View more options

I suppose it was too much to expect to get any sort of resolution on here.

Utter shambles. This is causing me unnecessary stress that I really do not need at the moment. I'm so angry. 

Somebody better pull their finger out fast, get this issue sorted and get me compensated for this absolute disgrace of a broadband service and abysmal customer service.

I would have expected someone to be actively speaking with me to get this sorted but Vodafone obviously has a couldn't care less attitude to its customers. 

Despicable.

View more options
4: Newbie

I have had 7mths of this and so has many more people and your right they couldn't care less. I would leave tomorrow if I could but I am not paying them to leave THAT'S WHAT THEY WANT YOU TO DO EASY MONEY

View more options

Sad to hear im not the only one. Disconnected 6 times since 5pm today. Few times before that as well.

I tried to submit a report to the ombudsman. Surprise surprise Vodafone aren't signed up so they can't help. Submitted a complaint to Vodafone but not holding out much hope.

View more options

if you are syncing at or above guarantee speed Vodafone will do nothing to help they will lie to you. tell what you want to hear then do nothing .. see my post. https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Broadband-connection/dlm-reset-after-months-of-disconnections/td-p/2...

View more options
Moderator (Retired) Joe
Moderator (Retired)

@Malcy86 We'd really like to look in to this for you, especially if you've been promised a call back and it's not happened. I've sent you a private message on how to get in touch. One of the team will be back in touch as soon as we can. Joe

View more options
14: Advanced member

hi andrew Malcy86 

has there been any update on your issue 

if you can say which point you are at .we can point you in the right direction 

View more options

joe did you not read the first post he has had trouble since July me since June been on the phone many times. you will look into this for him lol how many time do you think he has heard this before  ..sorry for all this negativity going by past experience nothing will get done. it doesn't matter about disconnections and that Vodafone's modem is not fit for purpose if it syncs at or above the minimum speed you will do nothing. hope I am wrong and he posts back all is fixed .. not holding my breath 

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

@deltafx, All we can do is try to help our customers out. We've invited him in to speak with our team and hopefully we can come up with a resolution. I appreciate you've not had a good experience yourself and I hope we can turn that around for our customers.

View more options

Update on all of this.

I submitted a complaint and was rang back within a day or so. Helpful person on the phone explained a few things and said they would ring back and get it sorted for me. So far so good. Havent noticed a drop in internet yet. Getting a call back on Monday to see how my broadband performed over the weekend.

However, my bill for this month came out today. I have been charged £6.95 for delivery of my new router which I didn't even need in the first place. I will flag this up during my call on Monday but I am very short of cash at the moment so hope it can be refunded quickly. Fairly disgusted about being charged for something I didnt need and apart from everything else I think it is one hell of a cheek to charge someone for delivery of what had been labelled a faulty product by Vodafone.

Really happy with the customer service from the 2 people who have rang to sort my problem. Very helpful and very understanding. If only it could be set about the rest i've had to deal with.

View more options
2: Seeker

Hi, I feel exactly the same as you, in your original post! Toally unusable all night tonight, so many disconnects, line dropping not the wifi. 

Hope yours is sorted now?

Could you please pass on the contact details of the person who helped you out, to save me going through what you had to? 

I too will be cancelling my direct debit soon if nothing is sorted. 

Cheers

Matt

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

I'm really sorry you we're charged for this @Malcy86 , we'd normally credit this out so it's not on your bill. 

We’ll be able to sort this for you. I’ve sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

Blair

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @Mattfowkes, we can look at this for you and get the issue sorted. We'll need to do some tests on your service to establish exactly what's happening though, so I’ve also sent you a private message with details of how to contact us. Blair

View more options

Hi Malcy86,

Sorry to hear this, I had similar problems at Talktalk my line was terrible, but the support has altered to texting, 180 text over two days, only resulted in an Openreach's engineer telling me its the line not my house, and the problems are caused by interference.

Im not suggesting this is your problem, but it is Openreach that is responsible for 98% of fibre lines, and feeds, and believe me there are a lot worse support systems than Vodafone whom I've just joined. 

Does sound like you need an engineer to diagnose your problem.

Wish you well.

Smudger444

View more options