Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Alternative router

Brady29
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Morning all, quick question, is it possible to use a talk talk super router instead of the supplied box? Reason being I moved over from talk talk yesterday and find the supplied router is no where near as good as the talk talk box for WiFi, no option to move the router without taking the house apart :Winking_smiley:...thanks

Wayne

3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

To use another ISPs router with VF it'll need the ability for you to enter your VF UserName and Password along with setting the VLAN ID to 7 and in some cases the VLAN priority to 2.  If the router supports all that then you can get account details from VF tech support - get them to email them to you though as they often get read out incorrectly.  

If you later decide to buy a third party device it HAS TO BE a modem+router and be VDSL2 compatible!

I'm also trying to use a third party router but I'm unable to get in touch with tech support, I've been on hold for over an hour.  Is there another way to get in touch with them?

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you click on the "Help & Information" on the top of this page it'll take you to a page where there is a "chat to us online" link!  That's often quicker than the phone, other than that you have to risk facebook or twitter!