Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Apple Watch Causes new Vox 3 Router to Crash and loose internet access

boardmann
4: Newbie

Ive had an appalling experience with Vodafone a red cable link issue is only the tip of the iceburg.

Since they sent me there new router to try to rectify some issues ive been having its been randemly crashing sometimes every ten mins or so.

I have today been informed by the Directors office that there is a compatability problem between Apples Watch and the firmware installed in the new router causing random crashes on the new Vox 3 router it just reboots causing it to loose internet access.

I was just amazed that Vodafone could send out these new routers with such a massive problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I just spoke with Vodafone. The Tech 2 team in India are incorrectly telling people that the issue is fixed and you need to do a factory reset to resolve the issue.  This is not correct.

I then spoke to Vodafone Tech 2 in the UK and they say that they are being overwhelmed with fault calls as lots of people got watches for Christmas. 

They say that they are still working on a fix and this will be pushed out in phases starting in about a week's time.

Apparently you may lose service for a while whilst the firmware update is applied. 

I suggest you take a note of your firmware versions and check back daily to see when you get the update. Then switch your watch back on and pray like crazy it's fixed the problem!

I was told compensation would be applied automatically if you logged a ticket with Vodafone, but clearly keep an eye on that!

Good luck everyone, at least Vodafone know what the issue is, and it is a priority for them. 

View solution in original position

63 REPLIES 63

It's ok Vodafone let me out my contract as it's your new hub that's the problem

RickyAngel
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Same issue here. I have an Apple Watch Series 4. Vodafone initially sent me two new Vox3 routers, and sent out Openreach (all they did was reset the line) and I was still getting a significant number of dropouts each day, with the speed slowly dropping - it was down at 7Mb/s the last time Openreach came out..

Called Vodafone and finally they asked me - do you have an apple watch or any other IOS products??!!.  Apparantly the problem is not limited to Apple Watch - but to any IOS device - but the problem is worse with Apple Watch.  I've had my watch off for two days, and now only had one dropout...

I am disgusted that Vodafone didnt test their new router with Apple products - utterly shameful.

I will be asking Vodafone tomorrow that my bill be suspended until the IOS issue is resolved and a back payment for previous months.  Will let you know how that goes.

Thats interesting, I was told only watches, but

Connected my i phone last week and had a drop out within 8 hours , so disconnected it again as I was not prepared to take a risk of my broadband dropping to 18 meg from 40meg again.

I was informed by the tech team that amazon firesticks were also causing a problem.

I currently have both iphones disconnected, have 2 free broadband for dec and january , if its the same in february I will move away.

I'm tempted to plug in my old Vodafone router and get them to activate that on my line. Didn't have any problems with that router!

Daymouse
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Just adding that i seem to have this issue!

Joined in October and had it since the beginning and as expected disgusting service from Voda!

Reported the issue and went through the usual settings on router which didnt help then got a BT engineer out who replaced the socket and still happening.

I then asked for a new router as everything else had been checked but one never arrived despite being promised it had been sent. i chased about this 5 times with 3 times Voda saying it has been 'lost'

Finally i decided to call instead of using the chat and they guy asked if i had an apple watch which i have so advised to disconnect it from the wifi which i have.

He has escalated to 2nd line who will push a firmware update in the next 24-48 hours currently on 19.2.0203-3261005.

So far had 2 months refunded but i want all months refunded and if this doesnt work will be asking to come out of the contract!

That's very strange.

According to the information you gave yours isn't the original firmware for the Vox 3 router it should be 17.4.c.0277-244-1004- then lots more numbers and letters.

The directors office informed me that the new version should be released this month January, so it really depends on who you speak to regarding reliable information ☹️

Just had a look and that's the only firmware version I can find. 

went in the firmware update page to find it. Screenshot attached 

Thanks for the screenshot, isn't that from the Vodafone 2.5 version router. The rounded one at the edges..........

No it says model THG3000 which I believe is the VOX 3

I've now reverted back to the older router with rounded edges and never been happier! Better WiFi coverage and no disconnects!