main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Broadband connection

Broadband Conneection Issues

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Ever since activation of my internet with Vodafone (2 months ago), I have been experiencing frequent disconnects and severe ping spikes. These ping spikes range in the thousands and happen at all points of the day, but especially evenings, and happen even when no one else is using the internet in the house. These spikes can last from seconds to minutes to even an evening of being unable to use it properly (i.e playing online games). I've had little to no help with customer services and need to get this sorted as I'm not paying the monthly amount to not be able to use the internet properly. I'm using wired connection on my PC, which is the only place I am able to see latency issues but I am also aware of the internet being extremely slow over WiFi, along with the dropouts. The only variables that have changed within the internet setup has been the provider and the router. This has been happening since the day the service went live and I was frequently assured that it was due to the instability within the first few days to a month but as stated above it's still happening every day. Is anyone here able to help? Thanks a lot for your time reading this and assistance in advance.

View more options
3 REPLIES 3
3: Seeker

Hi,

ive experienced the exact Adams thing for months. Had hours of conversations with call centre. Had engineers out twice to fix the problem. In the end I told them that if they couldn’t sort it then I would be cancelling without paying a fee because the service was unacceptable. They agreed to do this. It was helped by the fact that they were also supposed to call me back on two separate occasions for updates and they didn’t bother. Worst broadband I’ve ever had. Can’t wait for the cut off in two weeks. I’ve lost connection 6 times in the past three hours. 

View more options

Hi @Fizington and @MGD1979 I'm sorry to see you're both having these issues. Can you both please send us a message on Twitter - @VodafoneUK or Facebook - Vodafone UK, So we can take a closer look into this with you?

View more options
3: Seeker

No need. I’ve had more than enough ‘help’ from Vodafone thanks. I can’t wait till next week when I don’t have to put up with this nonsense any longer. 

View more options