main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Broadband connection

Broadband connection dropping every day

gipjon
16: Advanced member

my internet keeps dropping out and every time my sync speed keeps getting lower 

tried master socket 

tried new line filter 

removed house phone 

removed every thing connected to the router and phone line 

high fec corrections on upload 

vodafone send a new router

bt engineer cant find any thing wrong 

still dropping every day and speed getting slower every day

View more options
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

That's not good @gipjon

Although the Vodafone Connect Router for many is a usable router I know of people who are with Vodafone and other ISP who can have such issues with the supplied routers.

Not all are as good as each other.

There has been people on the forum who decided to use a 3rd party router and experienced a better user experience.

Current Phone >

Samsung Z Fold³ 5G.

Previous Phone >

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G - SM9860.

View more options
Blair
Moderator (Retired)

That certainly doesn't sound too great @gipjon

If your speed’s decreasing then this may our DLM system which monitors your service causing this. It's only ever going to lower your sync speed if there a problem, such as errors on you upstream data. We’d really need to do some further diagnostics on this to be sure.

It may simply be that we’ve sent another router that has a fault, which although it’s unlikely, it might still be the case here. If you do happen to have a router of your own, you could use it to compare.

So we can help,  I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

Blair

View more options
OTCE
3: Seeker

Replace your router, there's a post on the forum about setting up a 3rd party router. See my latest post for my experience.

View more options
Mark

If you've emailed us using the link @Blair provided @gipjon, please let us know the case ref (looks like [#11234567]) from the auto response you received.

View more options