Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband connection

RebeccaK
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Please help, I'm having trouble connecting my now tv stick and baby monitor to the broadband. The now tv stick can't even find my WiFi.

I have a tablet and mobile that are connected absolutely fine.

Everything was perfectly connected last week, then after about 4 days now stick and baby monitor just can't find my WiFi. I've checked to see if the problem was with the now stick, but it connects fine to my neighbours WiFi. So does the baby monitor. I've reset the broadband box, and the other devices. Turned on off, and even tried moving them all.

Any ideas could be a major help

5 REPLIES 5

clint_flick
12: Established
12: Established

Hi

Problem/Faulty router probably.

Phone 08080 0345 15  and report the problem.

AND/OR

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Your router has probably chosen to use channel 12 or 13 on the 2.4Ghz Wifi.

You can see what channel the router is using in the router interface under Status & Support (scroll down to see). If it's 12 or 13 on 2.4Ghz some device that are not fully UK compatible can't use them.

Vodafone had removed the ability to change the channel manually. Can't confirm if that is still the case as I'm no longer using the Vodafone router, partially because of that problem.

It was still possible to set the channel using an old version of the Android broadband app, if you can find one.

You can connect security cameras to the guest network as this is channel 64. Not sure why they don’t seem to work on channel 12 on the main network but I’ve set up both Wansview and iegeek cams on the guest channel and it works perfect.   Make sure the guest network has no time limits set. 

Jayach

@crg666 wrote:

Not sure why they don’t seem to work on channel 12 on the main network 

Probably because they are not EU/UK spec. but if you say they work on 48, that is on 5GHz.

Both the Main and Guest Wi-Fi's use the same channels, it's just the SSID that is different. (on the THG3000)

However this thread was about streaming sticks, not sure why you posted about security cameras.

Finger trouble, was meant to respond to the security camera post!