main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Broadband connection

Broadband connectivity issues

graememcl_
3: Seeker

Recently moved to Vodafone and I have had no end of issues with my broadband. Disconnections; requests to restart my DSL; having to restart my router due to very high ping (in excess of 250ms).

Contacted support team and they have either performed or asked me to do the following:

1) Split my SSID

2) Checked the line externally into the property (remotely)

3) Try my router in the test port with a microfilter

All to no avail - still having regular dropouts as well as atrocious latency on my connection. I am beyond frustrated and require a solution to this problem. 

View more options
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have a good read of the issues a number of other customers are experiencing in these forums.

If you are within your 30 day free migration then you have some options open to you.

The Vodafone router does get some poor reviews, plus the congestion & TV streaming issues can cause some customers issues.

View more options
TJ
Administrator
Administrator

Hey @graememcl_, it's disappointing to hear you're having problems with your new broadband connection. If you've moved over recently, there can be a settling in period for around the first 10 days; where we work out the best settings to provide your connection.

Of course, one of our team will be more than happy to take a closer look into the issues you've been facing. I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch, so this can be done securely. 

View more options
graememcl_

Yeah I have seen a lot of the issues people are experiencing. Feels like Vodafone are mirespresenting the service - would have been great to know about these issues before I left my previous provider. To be frank, I would rather be paying what I was for the stable service, than going cheap to get left out in the cold like this. There has been no follow-up even though I have logged several calls and complaints.

Frustrated, is an understatement.

View more options
Joe
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@graememcl_We'll be more than happy to look in to this for you. Please message us on the link @TJ has sent and the team will be back in touch. Joe

View more options
graememcl_

I haven't heard anything back yet - can you please advise?

View more options
gipjon
16: Advanced member

graememcl_ if you are waiting for the private message back you will get you need to phone vodafone 

you say you recently moved to Vodafone i take it your old isp was working fine with your phone line and im guessing because of all the drops your sync speed is now a lot lower than what it should be and lower than your old isp 

im not saying this is your issue but i would have a read 

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Internet-speed/60-000-fec-corrections-every-3-seconds-and-really-slo...

View more options