main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Broadband connection

Broadband failed again

2: Seeker

AS of 00:10 today ..27/03/2019...broadband connection failed again ...obtaining IP address so looks to be dhcp connection issues ? Anyone else experiencing this ?

gary

View more options
7 REPLIES 7
14: Advanced member
View more options

Yes ...nothing reported and this was stating it couldn’t get an op address 

View more options
14: Advanced member

can i just ask are you having issue with the router disconneting from the internet or 

are you having issue with your home network and devices connected to the router 

View more options
Moderator (Retired) Joe
Moderator (Retired)

@Ghouldcroft Hi there, just a quick message to see if your connection came back on? If not, please let us know and we'll be more than happy to look in to this further for you. Joe

View more options

Hello Joe,

the connection was back on by about 1:30 so was off for about 1.5hrs while it was trying to assign an IP from the ISP. Speaking to support...this was determined to be an internet interuption...not a local wifi to pc connection...which i could see was the case as the line kept trying to reconnect on the router webpage.

they reimbursed me that days rental...and just need to keep an eye on it.

View more options

no this was the actualy connection between router and provider network....looking like it was a DHCP IP address allocation issue..fixed within 1.5hrs

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for the update @Ghouldcroft. If we've had a temporary issue then that explains things. It's likely to be a one off event, but keep an eye for any reoccurring issues.. 

Blair

View more options