Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband packet loss

DanteRezkin
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Good morning.

I have recently joined Vodafone and since we are getting regular drop outs in our Internet connectivity. I work from home and is happening around 3-5 times a day. The time the system is down is very short but is extremely inconvenient as kills off my softfone and remote working programs.

- I can usually just disconnect and reconnect the connection on my laptop to resolve.

- Happens on all devices using a mixture of 2.4 and 5Ghz. 

- I've manually set a Wi-Fi channel to one that is not natively used in my area though don't believe this to be the issue anyway. 

- I am trying to change me DNS to Google for testing but on trying to save the config I get 'Incorrect values' as an error?

Please find attached an event log from the router. There are a number of errors in here that seem to coincide with the dropouts. 

Note, I have not physically connected my device to an ethernet port, though if this is required if you can outline the reasons for the test as it would be extremely inconvenient to run cables around the house.

Thanks.

Rob. 

1 REPLY 1

Iain_Calder
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I was also getting the 'incorrect values' error when trying to set Google DNS 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4.  I found that if I clicked 'reset to defaults' on that page (think it's the circular arrow icon) then I could submit the new settings.