main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Broadband connection

Broadband slow and unreliable

3: Seeker

Ever since I changed my broadband provider to Vodafone my service has been very poor. Slow connections, no internet connection etc etc. At first I thought it was my own modem and router but after connecting the router provided by Vodafone I can’t even get an internet service today. I’m fed up and want to leave. I’m fed up of calling your customer service waiting more than half an hour at a time. I’ve lost patience I’m sorry. I don’t even recommend your service to my friends and family. I tell them to avoid.

View more options
8 REPLIES 8

Hey @mineshshah73, I'm really sorry to hear about the problems you've had with your broadband and know how frustrating this must be.

Have you been having issues just over Wi-Fi, or on a wired connection too? Is this a new service you've taken on recently? If you're within your first 10 days, you'll have a settling in period; where we find the best settings to provide your broadband in the long run.

Also if you're in the first 30 days of your contract you have the option leave, under our Network Satisfaction Guarantee. Of course, I'd hate to see you go; so please provide me with some more information on your query and I'll be happy to help in any way I can. 

View more options

Hi TJ,

I phoned your broadband team yesterday. It took from 8:38am to 3:00pm to tell me that the router Vodafone supplied was faulty and needs to be replaced. Still no idea of why the connection kept on dropping regularly throughout the day since Feb last year or why my connection would slow down to 3-4 mbs during certain times of the day. In all honesty I’ve never really got what I have been paying for and just want to leave.

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

It certainly sounds like you've not had a great experience @mineshshah73 which is disappointing.  It would be a good idea to try the replacement router first of all to see how if goes. Has router been orered for you?

Blair

View more options
14: Advanced member

if you dont get what you are paying for, then yes you can leave, broadband contracts works both ways 

this should help 

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Other-broadband-queries/Get-out-clauses-for-a-broadband-contract/m-p...

View more options
1: Seeker

I have been having the same problem. Our business service is unstable and constantly speed tests at 4mb to 10mb when it was 48mb to 54mb with BT.  

Several times a day it grinds to a halt and the mobiles report no internet on wifi. 

Today the max was 15mb and a 128ping  so I tried to get help online and chose the Broadband drop down.  After a few minutes going through questions I was told I have to call a different number.  I called that number and after 5 minutes of menus was connected to a department that said it was closed.  They started to read another number to call for Prime Contact but the line cut out before the number was read out.  

I went back online and couldn't get help as the system was overloaded...see screenshot.

No wonder the system is overloaded, the broadband is a disgrace.  We are paying for a service we are not receiving.  It is infuriating that I cannot even get help or complain.

It would appear that the ombudsman may be the only redress available.   Promises of guaranteed speeds and services unfulfilled.

Screenshot_20190302-105212_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190302-111140_Speedtest.jpg

View more options

The root of my broadband problems is that my line is oversubscribed. Something to do with a red cable which means that there are too many users for the capacity of that line. It could take anywhere upto 6 months to rectify. This should be highlighted when signing up for the fibre2 broadband. The speeds promised are therefore not a true reflection. I’ve made an official complaint over two weeks ago and as of yet have heard nothing back.

View more options
Highlighted
14: Advanced member

i think you need to seek legal advise 

ofcom.jpg

View more options
Moderator (Retired) Joe
Moderator (Retired)

@CrazyEddie Hi there, we'd be more than happy to look in to this for you. I've sent you a private message on how to get in touch. One of the team will be in touch as soon as they can. Please on the response say that you're getting slow throughput speeds on a line that previous supported 54Mb. Joe

View more options