cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband won't connect no IPv4 address?!

Jem1787
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I am getting nowhere with vodafone webchat and no one answers the phone so I thought I'd try here....

Yesterday my house lost power several times, once I was back up and running I soon realised that internet was off. I connected to the hub and it displays "no connection, no IPv4 address". I went through all the usual steps with the webchat guy and nothing worked and he said that the line is showing as fine, he doesn't know. A fault ticket was raised I was told 3-5 working days before I get a call from technical. I received a text with a direct number to technical and a 6 digit reference, rather unsurprising said reference is not recognised and the line transfers you to general where no one answers the damn phone. 

Any ideas? Is this something I can do at my end in the hub settings or do vodafone have to reset my IPv4 address. Or do i even need a new router??

Thanks in advance

Jemma

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's not good to see @Jem1787. If you're still having problems connecting, pop us a private message via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK with your full name, account/landline number, a link to this thread and your Community user name and we'll be able to look into this for you, raise it to the correct team and keep you updated on our progress getting this resolved 😊

View solution in original position

9 REPLIES 9

clint_flick
12: Established
12: Established

Hi

3 pings if you can...........

C:\>ping 127.0.0.1

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),

C:\>ping 192.168.1.1

C:\>ping 13.107.4.52

Please post back the results.

Hi thankyou for your response. 

I'm not sure how to ping using the c:\ but I logged into my hub and tried all the ip addresses you sent and pinged them in there and they all failed 😔

@Jem1787 wrote:

Hi thankyou for your response. 

I'm not sure how to ping using the c:\ but I logged into my hub and tried all the ip addresses you sent and pinged them in there and they all failed 😔

I also ran the hub diagnostic check and it says

Data PPP connection - disabled 

Connectivity test - failed

All the others are either succeeded/connected/enabled

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Once you have confirmed that the DSL cable from the router to the wall socket is all connected O.K. and if you use a filter replace it if possible. Then log into the router and go to settings, Configuration and try a Factory reset (or press and hold the reset button for about 10 seconds). See if that helps.

Hi

The fact that you logged into your HUB means that the 127.0.0.1 is working and the 192.168.1.1 also.

On the login screen I suspect the WAN IP is missing.......

VF WAN IP.png

If so you need an OpenReach engineer IMHO.

Thanks everyone,

I actually managed to speak to a real life person from technical and he isolated the problem in minutes and assured me that I would be back up and running within 24 hours all that was needed was "someone to do something, somewhere along the line" I have no idea to be honest I could barely understand him but I am certain he said within 24 hours all good to go........................

Guess what its been over 24 hours and still no internet 😡

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's not good to see @Jem1787. If you're still having problems connecting, pop us a private message via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK with your full name, account/landline number, a link to this thread and your Community user name and we'll be able to look into this for you, raise it to the correct team and keep you updated on our progress getting this resolved 😊

I'm having the same issue. Nobody has been able to help. Please help.

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey there @ruksarjk - I understand how important it is to have a stable connection, especially now. If you're struggling with your Broadband connection, I'd advise dropping us a message on social media. We'll be able to run some tests on your line and see what's what.

When messaging us, please make sure to include a link back to this forum thread, your landline/account number and full name.