Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Business Broadband - Own Router

matte93
2: Seeker

Hello,

I've had a business broadband line with Vodafone for several months and have been using my own router (Unifi Dream Machine) with no issues whatsoever, using PPPoE with the credentials that were emails to me when I first joined.

I moved house recently and since then, I've been unable to use my own router - I haven't changed any of the settings but when attempting to connect, it returns the error: "CHAP Authentication Failed - User Object Not Found".

To me, this suggests my DSL credentials have changed and it's no longer able to authenticate. It's possible this may have happened as a result of the address move. If I use Vodafone's router, it connects straight away so the line etc. is fine. I have verified the settings even though they hadn't been changed but still the same issue.

I've called the support line several times to ask for the credentials to use my own router, but no one seems to know what I'm talking about. I even provided an example which was the username/password I was previously using successfully, but it's met with questions like "do you need the password to login to your router admin panel" etc.

Can any member of staff assist via chat or PM, I can provide all the necessary information to validate account ownership. Or has anyone had success via phone as I've tried 3 times to no avail.

Regards,
Matt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

matte93

Managed to get the DSL credentials from a fantastic live chat agent - 3rd of the day - after being told twice the credentials hadn't changed...shame the levels of customer service aren't consistent across all support staff but all sorted 🙂

View solution in original position

1 REPLY 1

matte93

Managed to get the DSL credentials from a fantastic live chat agent - 3rd of the day - after being told twice the credentials hadn't changed...shame the levels of customer service aren't consistent across all support staff but all sorted 🙂