cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can parents see my broadband search history?

brva2021
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi. I have the Superfast 2 Extra broadband which my parents pay for and they have access to my Vodafone to see all bills etc. My question is, are they then able to see all my internet history? Like Google searches, websites, youtube, etc.? I am curious because I do want my privacy after all. Thank you

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hey @brva2021 

You are quite safe and have no reason to be concerned, your parents  would be unable to see any viewing activity.

Hi, thank you for answering. I was worried as I know with calls & texts, there's itemised usages and you can see the numbers youve contacted so thought it'd be the same with broadband!

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@brva2021 wrote:

I have the Superfast 2 Extra broadband which my parents pay for -snip- are they then able to see all my internet history? Like Google searches, websites, youtube, etc.? 

Only if they have access to your physical devices, but why shouldn't they? What are you looking at that is so secret?

Because despite them paying the bill which I’m grateful for, I am still entitled to my privacy, I have my own life

BandOfBrothers

You are indeed entitled to your own privacy @brva2021 

As long as someone isn't infringing any laws etc.

Your browsing history is your own.

When my children were of age I sat down with them and discussed what I expected as a parent and then entrusted them.

Take care.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.