main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Broadband connection

Changed Wifi password now laptop and Desktop cant connect.

Highlighted
2: Seeker

I had to hard reset my router on saturday due to me hiding my wifi and couldnt get it back up,In the mean time it was suggested for me to change my wifi password which I did,Now my phone and sky is connected via the router through the new wifi password but my alexa laptop and desktop refuses to connect both later devices state the password is incorrect when I know it isnt.I spoke to the web chat of vodafone till 11pm lastnight in which in the end they said it will be the device and not the router which I'm baffled by and couldnt accept.Can anyone shed any light on this situation please,Any help much appreciated.

View more options
2 REPLIES 2

Hey @kydavies, have you tried forgetting the network on both devices and then tried accessing the WiFi again after that?

View more options
2: Seeker

I found the problem,Basically I would change my password in which Vodafone could see from thier end but the password showed was the generic one now the changed one,So I have to change my router.

The disappointment I have now was that it was meant to be delivered yesterday in which my partner took the day off for but was a problem with the delivery so I couldnt have it till today (Thursday)which they tried to deliver at 11am.I stated to the person I was speaking to when I had the router problem that we both work and there is no way I can be there to take for it unless I can state a time after 4,He said I can select what 1 hour slot I can have.Well it's coming tomorrow and I cant select my time slot so il be missing the delivery again.Farsical if you ask me,Something that's not my problem either in which my partner has missed a days work because of.

View more options