main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Broadband connection

Compensation for Total Loss of Service

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone has any experience/guidance on compensation for Vodafone Home Broadband.

My broadband has been down since 25/09/19 and was first reported on 27/09/19 as I had to go to the library to get the documents for my account printed off so I could call customer services.

Since then, I've had Openreach in my house twice (had to arrange time off work twice to allow access). I'm now being told that it'll be the 11th that the problem will be resolved. If they do fix it on the 11th, it'll have been 17 days from start to finish (15 since reporting).

I know Vodafone are launching the auto-compesation in 2020 so just wondering the best way to go about this before then as I will be most certainly making a claim!

Thanks in advance,

Ross

View more options
1 REPLY 1
17: Community Champion

@rossjg91 

Make this known to Vodafone now so its logged on your account notes.

From the terms-and-conditions.

6.1.         We’ll provide our services with reasonable skill and care. However, our services are not fault-free and are not available everywhere in the UK. Please check availability in your area atvodafone.co.uk/broadband. There are a number of reasons why you may find problems with the service and these include environment factors and the general availability of our network. 

You acknowledge that there are factors outside of our control which will limit our ability to provide the Vodafone Services to you. 

And

6.2.         Please contact us if you experience a service issue and we’ll attempt to fix it. If our services are disrupted for maintenance or due to a technical fault on the network you may be entitled to a partial credit of your plan charge based on the number of days you are without our services. If the Vodafone Home Broadband and Phone Services are continuously unavailable you may be entitled to a proportionate refund of the charges paid by you for the period when the services were unavailable and be able to leave the Agreement early without paying a termination charge.  Contact us to discuss your options. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options