Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Daily disconnections at the same time

Barrysrevenge
3: Seeker

Can anyone help?

Every working day (I don't notice at the weekends) between 09:00 and 10:30, it's not consistent, my broadband connection drops out, it's not a WiFi thing as my hardwired Xbox also disconnects from the internet.

This usually happens once or twice in the same time period for a short time and a re-connection on my PC or a Xbox restart fixes the issue - but now I am working from home I've had to re-jig meetings as the drop-outs are very irritating. Occasionally it has dropped out for 30 mins or more.

16 REPLIES 16

AlexLondon

We are experiencing exactly the same issue. The disconnects are more frequent in the mornings but have also happened at other times of the day. This is really starting to disrupt home working.

I have tried to contact Vodafone but I have been unable to speak to anyone because their support lines, including online chat, are busy. Would also appreciate if anyone can help or suggest a better way to flag this with Vodafone. 

We are based in SE London, in case this is an area thing. 

also get this issue regularly.

Would be nice if vodafone bothered to respond to this as I can never get through on their chat

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi all, thanks for your message. I know that this must be frustrating, definitely for you that might be working from home. If you can contact us on social media pages, we can run some speed tests on your line and also see if there are any line or hardware faults to see if we can figure out what's happening. We'll be more than happy to help out!

Facebook - Vodafone UK

Twitter - @VodafoneUK

Will do tomorrow morning when my connection drops out

gipjon
16: Advanced member

has any one checked with other people on your street to see if it's just you or a broadband cabinet issue , line card or DSLAM etc 

We have been talking to Vodafone now for a few days. The line has supposedly been monitored for 72 hours. However, we are getting incoherent feedback. One operative has told us that there is no evidence of any dropouts so the issue must be the WiFi. Another has said that there might be a problem with the box in the street and that they would get an engineer to have a look at it, however this chat cut out today before we could make progress on this so I am not clear that anything will be done if we don't make further contact.

Unfortunately it has not been possible to speak to the same person and they don't seem to keep clear notes because each time we have to go through a lot of the same checks, unnecessarily taking up time.

I think that it would help a lot if Vodafone kept a clear and consistent record of the case notes and monitoring logs.  Also, I am seeing increased reports of the same problem by others. It feels like there is enough evidence now that there is might be a systematic issue that is worth investigating proactively instead of dealing with each reported case separately. 

I also get this regularly at 8:50 every week day whilst working from home.

gipjon

Have you checked with other people on the same street if they are having the same issue