main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Broadband connection

FEC errors

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Downstream                                            Upstream

69                                                   1857748182

CRC errrors

45                                                             22

Should  I be getting this number of errors which seem to be increasing by the second this is why I started using my own modem/router in the first place which when I contacted support they asked me to connect their router so they could check my line  when I think that my line is capped  by DLM and they asked me to connect to the test socket which I have been for 48 hours.

Since I started this post the upstream FEC errors are at 1910290231

View more options
1 REPLY 1
16: Advanced member

So, when you try to upload files or say use a speed-test site are you finding the upload speeds unacceptably slow?  Because if you are really having that many FEC errors you should be!

FEC is a means of allowing a number of errors in transmission correctable without the need for re-transmission.  So if your upload speed is not significantly slower than your sync speed it's likely that the Forward Error Corrections (FEC) are simply Corrections and not errors at all!

View more options