Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

GeforceNow bandwidth worse on FFTP than it was on FFTC

Graydog7
4: Newbie

After signing up for GeforceNow 3080 last year I was disappointed to find that my existing FFTC (copper wire) Vodafone Broadband always had higher than acceptable "Packet Loss" resulting in the message that "Streaming over your network is not recommended". The bandwidth was always OK at over 50mbps. 

I had contacted Vodafone support about this but the issue was never resolved.

When my contract was coming to an end I contacted Vodafone about trying somewhere else but they talked me into an upgrade to Full Fibre at a lower price than I was already paying with no setup fees so I accepted the new service without hesitation.

Two weeks ago on 13/6 an Openreach engineer arrived and installed the fibre, it didn't work that day. I contacted Support who told me it was OK to leave the old FFTC cable along with the new WAN cable plugged in so that we would still have internet and that the router would switch over when the Fibre was activated.

I don't think that was true because after still having no Fibre 4 days later I unplugged the FFTC cable and the Fibre came on.

The problem now is that having "UPGRADED"??? to Full Fibre I am only get between 12 and 29 mbps on GeforceNow and the Packet Loss fluctuates between 0 and 20 depending on the mbps. I have spent hours on the phone to the Full Fibre support team but the issue is unresolved.

I wish I had looked here before "Upgrading" 

58 REPLIES 58

Ripshod
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Have you tried plugging the FTTC back in. Although you've gone past your activation date your fttp may not be fully provisioned yet. Resetting the router with a pin at the back helps sometimes. 

Can you share some screenshots of your speed tests?

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/broadband/speed-test 

No. haven't tried that, will do now and see what happens

Didn't notice any difference doing that.

Here is GeforceNow Network test. They assure me the Server is OK. (I have a 3080 Priority sub)

Below is Ookla which on the face of it looks OK

2022-06-27 12_59_09-GeForce NOW.png2022-06-27 13_04_37-Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test and 4 more pages - Personal.png

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Graydog7 - thanks for the tests you’ve done and I’m sorry that this hasn’t been resolved when you’ve contacted us before.

For us to take a look from our side and run some additional tests on your line, please contact us through Social Media.

Thanks for your reply.

I have already spent over 4 hours on four separate occasions on the "Chat" and about the same on the phone after "Chat"  eventually told me that I needed to phone up and speak to the "Full Fibre Team"  as they (Chat) didn't have full access to my account.. 

After hours on the phone the "Full Fibre team" have been unable to resolve the issue and I am awaiting a call back from another department. Been waiting two days now..

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

It looks like we'll need to access your account do take a closer look into this for you @Graydog7. This will include completing security with you, we're unable to do this through a public forum such as our Community. So we can take a look into your issue and get everything back up and running for you, please follow the link @Gemma provided and we'll be happy to help 😊

Well, just spent another hour on the chat. Agent says they'll set up Static IP 

vodafone.png

Maybe it will help? Waiting for a Call back

I suppose that if anyone IS getting good results on GeforceNow with a Vodafone FFTP (Full Fibre) connection they are hardly likely to be here but I'll ask anyway.

Is anyone using GeforceNow with FFTP?

My GeforceNow streaming mbps has dropped from 50+ on my old FFTC to around 13 mbps on my "Upgraded" FFTP and no-one seems to know why.

I wondered if there was a protocol that needed activating on my account so I asked Nvidia

Graham Hoyle asked: So just for info what streaming protocol do you use?

Nvidia: Http  (HCL) protocol

Nvidia: That's By default protocol

Would that be available by default?