main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Broadband connection

Gigafast 900 WiFi issues

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Hi,

Been having weird issues with the WiFi on my Gigafast 900 for the last few months.  Been finding that devices are connecting to the WiFi but are reporting no internet access, devices constantly dropping from the WiFi or devices not even connecting even though they are a few metres away from the router.

Usually disconnecting the device from the WiFi and reconnecting tends to fix the issue but its seemingly all over the place.  I have reset the router multiple times, forgot the WiFi network on my devices and connected again, both of which fix the issue for a short while before it starts again.  I have also tried having 2 Wifi setup, 1 for 2.4GHz and the other 5GHz but that hasnt seemed to help much either.

I know its hard to diagnose the issue from what I have said, but is there anything I can/should do via my router settings to test and see where the problem lies?

Thanks

Gary

View more options
1 REPLY 1

Hey @GaryEa, thanks for getting in touch. It sounds like you've done most of the things we'd advise as troubleshooting. Sometimes, the WiFi connected but no Internet error may be due to broken cables, service disruptions, or just about anything else that’s not within your control.

What lights are showing on your router? Does this change at all when these drop outs happen?

View more options