Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Gigafast - Unable to obtain IP address - WAN interface

Ballantin
2: Seeker

Had Gigafast installed yesterday morning and the guy had to call to give them the serial number of the router because it was not connecting. They told him that it will be fine in about 20 minutes, and I am still waiting.

Out of boredom I just connected to the router and it is complaining about being unable to get a WAN IP Address. Link is UP but PPP is down. It looks like either my profile is not correctly configured or they haven't associated the correct serial number of the router.

All I need is to compete the 1st connection and ask for an user/pass to configure on my own router.... but is not happening.

6 REPLIES 6

Ballantin

So I called them on Saturday and they were unable to activate my line. Apparently they are going to send me an engineer "soon". I don't think I need a visit from one, Link is UP but PPPoE is down, so it is most likely a problem at their end.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Were the advisers you spoke to unable to provide a more accurate time frame for your visit @Ballantin? If not and you'd like us to confirm this for you, pop us a message through Facebook or Twitter and we'll be happy to get this for you 😊

Hello,

Issue has been fixed already. It started to work last night for no apparent reason.

Thank you anyway!

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

That's great to hear @Ballantin. What kind of speeds are you getting? 

It depends on the server but between 600 and 900 mb/s.

Hi Ballantin,

Did you ever find out what the reason for this was as im having the same issue for the last 9 days and as you are aware vodafone know nothing !!!!