main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Broadband connection

Home BB NOT WORKING

1: Seeker

I am posting here as a last resort. I'm having no joy speaking to customer service, whilst they are polite enough (usually) they are passing the blame to one another with no resolution.

Since I ordered broadband in August last year, I've had NO SERVICE WHATSOEVER.

It has not worked a single day.

The customer service keep adding 50gb to my phone contract, but it is so slow when connecting to the devices in my home (laptop, tablet, and xbox one x).

The quality of the 4G inside my home is appalling, so connection is intermittent whilst hotspotting.

I've been told an engineer should have been sent out but nobody has come. I'm a massive gamer, and I've had to make do with this substandard connection. So frustrating and disappointing.

And to top it all off, I was told that I wouldn't be liable for the cost of the service whilst it isn't working AT ALL, and I've discovered that after all the reassurances, I've actually been paying for it... unbelieveable!

I've reached the end of my tether. The resolution I want is;

1) Get an openreach engineer out here and get the line fixed / connected properly ASAP

2) Get a refund for all the bills I've paid for a service I've not received AT ALL SINCE DAY ONE 

3) An apology for the countless empty promises I've received.

I even bought my own router to see if that would fix the problem. Nope.

Honestly I can't believe this is happening. Please respond to me.

View more options
3 REPLIES 3
15: Advanced member

Do not pass go, do not got to jail, go straight to the resolution process.  With the evidence to hand you should also look into taking VF to the small claims court in regards to ongoing contractual payments made in respect of a service that has not been provided.

If what you aresaying is 100% acurate then there should be no argument that you have been paying for something that you have not been recieveing and therefore should be refunded what you have paid.  The provision of limited mobile broadband is NOT EQUIVALENT to the service that you have a contract for!

View more options
14: Advanced member

wow that's unreal 

this information below should put you back on track to getting a working broadband services 

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/help-and-information/complaints/code-of-practice

and if your still not happy 

https://www.cedr.com/consumer/cisas/

For advice, or to complain about  internet services, please contact Ofcom via one of these numbers:

0300 123 3333

020 7981 3040

Calls cost no more than calls to geographic numbers (01 or 02) and must be included in inclusive minutes and discount schemes in the same way.

Calls from landlines are typically charged up to 9p per minute; calls from mobiles typically cost between 3p and 55p per minute.

View more options
Moderator (Retired) Joe
Moderator (Retired)

@Apatel86 Hey there, that's definitely not the experience we'd want for anyone to go through. We'd love to look in to this for you, I've sent you a private message on how to get in contact and one of the team will be back in touch. Joe

View more options