main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Broadband connection

IP address.

Highlighted
2: Seeker

The router I’m using is not receiving an IP address. I have restarted it several times both by soft and hard restarts and also have gone into the router settings through the router page on my web browser. WiFi is working however the router itself is not obtaining any internet service and upon restart it failing to “fetch” an IP. Have now been on hold to the service centre for three hours with no sign of actually receiving an answer. Through reading other posts on various forums this looks to be a common issue and no way of solving it can be gleaned from reading any posts? I look forward to hearing how to resolve this issue or for the phone to actually be answered. Waiting in anticipation. 

View more options
2 REPLIES 2

Hey @Donalglancy, I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulty with your Router receiving an IP Address, I appreciate just how unsatisfying this can be. Are you running a VPN? As a VPN masks your IP Address and this could be the reason you're facing this issue.

View more options
2: Seeker

i have had this same issue for months.

no idea what the fix is either and telephone support is no help whatsoever

View more options