main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Broadband connection

Intermittent home broadband failures.

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Broadband  (FTTC) dropping out for about 10 minutes every 24 hours or so, Tech support only get as far as saying "well it's working now it must be fine".

Has anyone had any experience dealing with this?

View more options
7 REPLIES 7

@Stephen5647 Are you experiencing the drop in connection at the same time everyday, is it when you're in a specific area in your household?

View more options

Hi Josh,

From keeping an eye on the PPP uptime it seems to happen at varying times. This is an issue upstream of the router so is not affected by location in house.

Any ideas what could be causing this kind of intermittency?

Thanks!

Stephen

View more options

Thanks for getting back to us with those details @Stephen5647. Our customer promise means looking into this straight away, so please contact us via Facebook at Vodafone UK; or get in touch on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK. Then we can run some diagnostics and investigate further!

Please also provide a link to this thread, along with your username; this will save time and we’ll be able to help you quicker 👍

View more options

OK, thanks!

I'm not holding my breath as I have a ticket open with tech support and not heard anything back but I'll give it a go.

View more options
3: Seeker

Had the same issues. Shocking customer service. Had 5 separate chats where they told me my line was fine then the next one said there was a fault then it was magically fine again. They were supposed to send an engineer - he didn’t come. I phoned and queried this and they didn’t know anything about it - luckily I had the chat transcript. Suddenly and engineer was able to come and fix it the next day. He came. There was no improvement. Vodafone were supposed to contact me and they didn’t bother - again on the chat transcript. I contacted them and told them I wanted to cancel without a fine they said to leave it a week to see if it fixed itself and they would contact me to find out and if there was no improvement then I could cancel for free. There was no improvement and they didn’t contact me. I contacted them and cancelled the contract. They tried to suggest there would be a fine but the transcript had said there would not be one. 

I cannot not wait till the end of the month when this poor attempt at broadband is cancelled. I’ve lost connection 6 times in the past four hours. 

View more options
1: Seeker

Will you guys ever stop with the generic C/S crap you are giving customers and actually stop flogging them 2001 internet? This is the first time I have ever been in a place with internet and it's bouncing off Australia in the UK and as far as playing games on it's an entire joke thats worse than Plus Net in a rural area whilst in a city..You guys need to pay BT for priority like everyone else and stop being cheap to your customers or they need to learn and leave you

View more options
1: Seeker

Have the same problem - tech support anser is to turn router off and on again. Sync speed dropping  - clearly a fault ticket needed with openreach but \vodsfone have reverted back to the speed guarantee discount rather than trying to fix the actual probem.

View more options