Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Internet goes down at same time every day

AB1889
2: Seeker

Please help my internet goes down at 17.49 everyday for about 3mins?? 

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Internet on your phone @AB1889  ?

If this is exactly the same time every day then I'm leaning more towards some connection type setting in your phone.

Does this happen in one place too or everywhere  ?

Can you try your sim card in another phone as a process of elimination.

Sometimes a sim swap can help too.

Help page and network Checker along with help template is here … Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template and status-checker. 

As there is no account access via this forum you could check with customer services via phone or Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Team's via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Its not my phone its the house broadband, the router flashes for 2-3 min then comes back on

AnnS

Hi @AB1889 

This will be your router rebooting and communicating with the exchange to maintain the connection and work out the best possible speed.  As this is only briefly for 3 minutes before you reestablish a connection you shouldn't have any reason to be too concerned.

If you regularly lose connection speak to the Broadband Team and they will be able to check your connection here: Broadband and Home Phone FAQ's 

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@AnnS wrote:

Hi @AB1889 

This will be your router rebooting and communicating with the exchange to maintain the connection and work out the best possible speed.  As this is only briefly for 3 minutes before you reestablish a connection you shouldn't have any reason to be too concerned.

At 17:49? I don't think so. That will happen at about 02:00am.

The last time I heard of a router rebooting at the same time every day it was a problem with the anti-virus (as unlikely as that sounds). If you are on Windows 10 do you use anything other then defender?

ive got norton protection, also it went down this morning at 5.50am 

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey there @AB1889 - I understand how important it is to have a stable connection, especially now!

If you are noticing the drops are becoming more frequent and longer, it's worth running through some troubleshooting steps:

- If you are using the devices over WiFi, try connecting by Ethernet cable to see if the problem persists

- Plug your router into the test socket for 72 hours to see if there is an improvement

Please don't hesitate to drop us a message on social media for us to run some tests on your line 😊

GarethCuz

Mine does the same except mine is at 10:56 which is really annoying when you're working from home and in the middle of a meeting. What is happening? Why does it happen? Can the time be changed to the middle of the night?

Hi

Is is the router ???

DSL Uptime219 days, 5 hours, 35 minutes and 57 seconds

Line CodingDMT

StatusConnected
Number of Cuts                                                                                                                                                                1

The status page may help.

OR somewhere else?