Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Juddering video calls

acp8865
2: Seeker

Switched to Vodafone broadband a month ago. When on video calls now, my physical motion isn't smooth, immediate and natural as it used to be on my BT connection. People I'm talking to say my movement is slow and a bit juddery. Hope that makes sense.

My laptop is just a few metres away from the router, the signal strength is good and the speed excellent. Any ideas on how I can improve the quality of video calls? Is there a setting change I can make on the Vodafone router?

Many thanks for any input

7 REPLIES 7

Jayach
16: Advanced member

Are you on Pro?

If not I would try splitting the WiFi bands and ensuring your laptop is connected to the 5Ghz, (assuming it can use it)

Hi. Thanks for the reply. I'm not on Pro. I have Superfast 1. 

Is there a guide you can point me to please to split the channels? I've just checked and my laptop does support 5ghz

Jayach

No real guide, but you can do it through the router configuration under Wi-Fi - General Wi-Fi Settings

Jayach_0-1638998398828.png

I believe they have removed the option on Pro

Many thanks for your help. I'll try that and see if it resolves things.

Jayach

You can also do it via the app

acp8865

Just to say that I've tried the channel splitting but the video calls are no better. Would appreciate any other advice from the Community 

Jayach

Sorry that hasn't helped.😞

In the app, under connected devices, you can select one device to "boost". No idea if it works, but worth trying.