Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Key worker working from home with malfunctioning internet since Feb

Vikil
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I am a key worker working on critical national infrastructure from home for the past 2.5 weeks. I had multiple problems with Vodafone broadband over the years but these started getting worse in Feb with the connection dropping off several times an hour over the last few weeks. I reported it to Vodafone at least half a dozen times. I understand shortages of stuff considering the situation but not the constant lies and abysmal technician support. The promussed 3 day turnaround for 2nd line support just doesn't happen. They don't text, call or fix anything. When someone does get in touch they ignore the clearly stated problem (malfunctioning internet connection on the router) and waste my time on wifi splitting or changing microfiletees, despite BT confirming back in Feb that the problem is not on the line but with the router. I checked the Vodafone forums and it is clear that their routers are of poor quality and malfunctioning but they refuse to acknowledge it and to semd a replacement, despite my key worker status and impact on my work. I  am at wits end as it is now impossible to get hold of their chat or help desk and.desperate for a solution so I can do my vital work.

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Vikil 

I think it's highly frustrating for anyone when Home Broadband fails for one reason or another.

The Vodafone Connect Router should be adequate but Yes some find issues with the router but that said I'm with another ISP and have on occasion found issue with some of their routers.

Some Vodafone Home Broadband users have decided to use their own router and not the Vodafone option for their own reasons. 》HOW-TO-Use-a-third-party-router-on-Vodafone-VDSL. 

If support is promised then they should keep to the promise of a call.

If a Connect Router is faulty then they'd replace it no matter what status a person is regarding their profession.

The Callcentres and Live Chat will be overstretched I assume from the ongoing pandemic so I would suggest speaking with the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🏳️‍🌈Stay Safe 🏳️‍🌈

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks Bandifbrothers. I doubt I will be able to source alternative router with the current situation or will have the skills to set it up. Also Vodafone won't provide support if something goes wrong when I am using it.

I have managed to get through to their help desk in several occasions. The issue is with 2nd line support which either  provides useless or wrong advice or doesn't materialise at all.

Dabbs
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @Vikil, thanks for reaching out. We're committed to keeping the UK connected during this time, and we'll always to our best to help get to the bottom of any issue that arises. I'm really sorry to hear that you're disappointed with your recent experience when contacting us, this is'nt what we want at all, and we'd love the opportunity to turn this around. We understand that your home broadband connection is vital during this time and want to get you back up and running. 

If you could please drop us a message with the link provided by @BandOfBrothers, we'll be on hand to help with your connection. If you also want to leave your social media name here, then we'll make sure this is looked into as soon as possible. If you don't want to leave this information publicly, then please add it to your profile so we can see this privately. If you choose to do this, then leave a message here so we can view this right away. 

As a follow, Vodafone sent an Openreach engineer, who replaced indoor and outdoor cables and the socket, with zero impact on internet drop off rates. If anything the connection became worse. As expected the problem is with router, which is still not replaced, despite the same issue ongoing since Feb. Am starting work on Monday still with no reliable connection.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Vikil Thanks for updating the thread - let's get things with your connection sorted for you! Have you dropped us a message on Facebook or Twitter yet? If you include your Community username and link to your post in your message to us, not only will this help us to track this down - you also won't need to repeat your query.