Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

LAN Speed locked to 100mb

Lucca
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've checked my gigabox's LAN speed and it says all the ports are at 100mb when our actual speed is around 400 - 450mb. I usually get around 400 - 450mb on wifi but the ethernet speed is locked to around 90 - 100mb. I am using a cat 6 cable and the ethernet port on my computer is capable of reaching 1gb.LAN.PNG

32 REPLIES 32

Farai
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @Lucca Sorry to hear about your ethernet speeds. Our dedicated team would be happy to look into this for you. We'd recommend that you reach out to our Gigafast team by calling 08080 034 515 from any UK mobile or landline. It's also important to note that it could be that you've reached the maximum bandwidth with the four devices connected at the same time, each using 100 Mbps. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

The pertinent question would be what do you have plugged into the LAN ports and what generation of cables are you using.  Some devices will only create a 100Mbit connection and connections to the router using a cat5 cable will usually only create a 100Mb connection even if the device is capable of more.

*For our admin who responded.  The indicated speed is the link speed on the port, not a data rate, and even if it were, the bandwidth is provided on demand and not split symmetrically between devices!

i have the same problem but not so how to solve. help me please

Hey @vincenzo051016 I hope you're well 😊 

If you are a Vodafone UK customer and you are having issues with your broadband, please get in touch with our Social Media team here so they can securely access your account to run some tests on your lines! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Once again according to the poster this is an issue with the router setting the maximum sync speed on the individual LAN ports and not on the WAN port.  Testing the WAN speed will do nothing - according to the posters, there is nothing wrong with the WAN speed!

The same issue is creeping up on other support boards across Europe and not just the UK - not going to speculate what is causing it, but it might be worth relaying to higher-level techs!

1000301446.jpg

1000301447.jpg

  That wouldn't make much sense, I've got 30 wifi devices and about 10 or more ethernet devices one of which is a gaming pc on 1gbps ethernet connection and we're paying for 500mbps wifi on my phone next to router I get about 300mbps the android tv is stuck on a 100mbps port and tops out on the download speed at 97mbps unless I use a vpn and I can reach 170mbps. The gaming pc is getting 550mbps download speed which is faster than I'm contracted 

Mutley247
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Im having the same issues here, 

I have ripped out my hole LAN system and replaced with cat6 all around and  upgraded switches. (No change)

My Wifi is coming in as 450Mbps, Half of what it should be, but I have been assured that this well resolve soon as I have only just upgraded to gigafast. 

Since Day one of being with VF, I have had a max of 89Mbps over any Lan ports, This has also been verified with multiple  devices (10Gbps) directly connected through the router to eliminate the potential of other hardware. 

Has Anyone been able to reach full bandwidth through Ethernet connections, of is this something we are stuck with? 

Jayach
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@Mutley247 wrote:

My Wifi is coming in as 450Mbps, Half of what it should be, but I have been assured that this well resolve soon as I have only just upgraded to gigafast. 

I'm not sure who told you that, but it's not likely to change of it's own accord.

This is an old thread, and I doubt what you are experiencing is anything like the previous posters.

I would suggest starting your own thread, and if possible post some examples of what you are describing.

@Mutley247  I get about 940 up and down through my ethernet ports