cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Losing connectivity in evenings, just drops link, router does not actually restart.

scottpa100
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi there,

I've been a Vodafone Broadband customer for about 4 years now and the service has been very good.  Over the last 6 months, (lock down ish) - reguarly (5 nights out of 7 over a week) - the internet will stop working where the router renegotiates the comms.  The router hasn't actually restarted or crashed.  I've just gone onto the management page and it has been up for 13 days.  It's always in the late evenings, but variable times, but always between 21:00 and 23:00.  We're on Superfast 2 and the line syncs at about 56Mbps.  This has dropped since the regular reboots, it used to be about 65Mbps.

The fibre router we have is a Vodafone branded Huawei 963168_HUAWEIVOX25 running firmware 5.4.8.1.291.1.30.1.32.1.2 

Does anyone have ideas as other than lock down and the kids battering Netflix and Disney PLus during the day and me working remotely, nothing actually has changed.  That's the thing that makes it difficult to understand what is causing a fault as during the day it is busiest - but the link is rock solid.

Is it a technical problem or a line problem?  Any ideas or insights are appreciated.

1 REPLY 1

Anonymous
Not applicable

First thing I might have a look at are any devices on timers (even smart devices) in the vicinity.