cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My live date keeps changing. Still not connected.

DanaeBrandon
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

So I have been a vodafone customer for a year. I had no problems setting up my Wi-Fi initially, I never had any problems with loss of connection or anything like that all my experiences with Vodafone were good, up until now.

I've recently moved house and I've encountered so many issues getting my broadband set up here it's beginning  to really frustrate me. 

I rang on the 16th March to get my broadband changed over and to book an engineer to come out and fit it and everything. I was told that the only available appointment they had was 31st March. So I booked an 8am-1pm slot. Low and behold no one turned up. I rang up and was then informed that my going live date had changed to the 2nd April instead. I had no emails or texts to inform me there had been a change.  So the 2nd April came and again I had another 8am-1pm slot. No one arrived. I then had a phone call from the engineer and was told they wasn't allowed to enter my property due to the virus, he assured me that he had managed to connect my internet from outside or something, he said that my internet would be connected by midnight or just after. 

So I felt confident that, that would be the case. I waited all day was basically staring at the hub to see if it would connect sooner. I was so excited at the prospect of getting internet especially with the way things are currently with lockdown and what not. Anyways midnight arrived and shock horror I wasn't connected. I waited an hour and nothing. All that kept happening was the red light at the  bottom of the router was flashing or pulsing red. The Wi-Fi light at the top of the router was green and the internet light at the top of my router was flashing  red. I tried to turn it off and on and tried to do a reset and nothing. 

I went to bed annoyed and frustrated. I then rang vodafone on the 3rd to get help for this issue. After being on hold for nearly 2 hours I got through finally. The person I spoke to did a line test and said that everything was fine, my live date had changed to the 4th. She assured me that I would be connected by midnight or just after. So I was feeling hopeful but there was still a little voice in my head that was saying it was all too good to be true and of course I was proved right. I then get a call on the evening of the 3rd saying that in fact I wouldn't be connected for several days at least as there was a problem with the outside phone line. Open reach can't come out and fix it because of the virus. She would have to request for them to do it. So she reckons she will be calling me on Wednesday to let me know when I can expect an engineer to come out and fix this issue. She said if it's a problem with the inside phone line the engineers aren't allowed to enter my property to sort it out. I would have to wait till June. 

I am livid! It's totally unacceptable that I've been messed around so much. I have literally been left hanging, I have no idea when I can expect my Wi-Fi to be up and running. I've waited 3 weeks for an engineer appointment that didn't happen and then when my appointment date arrives I still haven't got my Wi-Fi up and running. Then there's every chance I'll be waiting till June now. 

3 REPLIES 3

Dabbs
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @DanaeBrandon, I'm really sorry to hear you're having issues with your activation date, this isn't the experience we want you to have. We're keen to look into your complaint and to look at what's gone on. 

Please contact us via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or get in touch on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK. Make sure to pop your username and link to this thread in your message too, this will save you having to explain again and we can help you quicker. This way we can give you regular updates, so you don't have to keep contacting us. 

It's been all sorted now thank you. It turned out that my line had been activated but my router was still configured to my old address. It is now up and running at last. 

Dabbs
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Great to here that you're now connected to your home broadband. Enjoy the superfast speeds 😊