Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

NEW BROADBAND CONNECTION

Kelbell172
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hey. 

Around an hour ago, my broadband switched from Sky to Voda. 

My Huawei P30 has connected perfectly, speed etc is great! But for whatever reason, my wife's iPhone XR won't work on WiFi.

It is connected in the WiFi settings, and shows as connected in the router settings page, but it will just not use the Internet. Its fine on mobile data.

Ive done the usual resets etc, and as I say, all other devices are working fine. Its very bizzare that this is happening after 8 years of Sky without 1 technical issue. 

Thanks in advance

Kelly

2 REPLIES 2

clint_flick
12: Established
12: Established

Hi

Gateway issue?

IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.77(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : 04 August 2020 09:36:58
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : 10 September 2156 16:32:05
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

Flying-Chips
4: Newbie

Hi Kelbell172,

I had the same issue, it didn't matter what device I was on but I could access any websites even though my internet was connected with downstream/upstream speeds.

I called Vodafone and they sent this link - https://www.vodafone.co.uk/webcenter/portal/myvodafone/manageservices/managecontentcontrols/contentp...

Or sign into your account, go to account summary, scroll down the page and select manage content controls next to Broadband (this takes you to the same page).

By default Vodafone activates content control to Ultra Safe, stupid I know. If you turn it to Safe or Off. You'll then have access to the internet.

Let me know how you get on.