main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Broadband connection

New Router not working

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Have been with Vodafone for only 10 months with Superfast 1. No complaints and good service.

Due to price increase - I  renewed my contract.

As part of the deal I was sent out their "new" updated WiFi hub router.

I plugged it in last night. All ligths are on. 

I cannot connect to wifi on phones or a PC as I get an authentication problem and limited service.

Any ideas please?

In the meantime I have switched back to old router and online again.

However, after reading some post re the new router and slower speeds I am in two minds whether to proceed with the new router or not or even let them mess around with the setttings.

I was hoping it might booost the wifi signal...

Regards,

Paul.

View more options
4 REPLIES 4
17: Community Champion

Usually these routers are a simple plug in and play affair @pmannion9 

Customer service via 191 or Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries  can access your account and go through some troubleshooting tips and if necessary arrsmge for a new router for you.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

Hi @pmannion9 

I suspect the problem here may be due to the new router not being registered to your account.  This should be simple enough for broadband support to sort out for you.  You can contact the Team from the information below.

Broadband and home phone support 

View more options
2: Seeker

Ok. Will try sort out tonight. And let you know.

View more options

Hope all goes well for you @pmannion9 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options