Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New Wifi Router - Different House

horhif
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi,

Recently I received a new wifi router from Vodafone  as part of the upgrade process to fibre. 

However, my upgrade to fibre to home has been cancelled due to some cabling issues in my housing development.  

Vodafone told me to keep the router.  It is actually the same type as I already have.

Anyhow I have a family member who is also a Vodafone customer, but with an older style router.

Is it possible to give this new router to them?  I have tried it at their home but cannot seem to connect to the internet.  Do I need to register the device to this family members account etc?

thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey there @horhif - With the router already having been registered to your address and processed through your account, unfortunately it wouldn't be able to registered with your family members 😣 Although it's a lovely thought!

If your family member is having any issues with their broadband and think it could be to do with having the old modem, please tell them to get touch with us on social media 

thanks, appreciate the response!! :Smiling:

Anytime @horhif 👍 Remember to pass our social media details over to your family member if they're having any issues so we can get everything sorted for them 🙂