Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No Broadband in 6 weeks - at a loss

Digitalle
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Our Vodafone broadband went down on the 16th May. We are now almost into July and absolutely nothing has been done.

Must have made 50+ calls to Vodafone support during the time, each one with a completely different story about why it's down and when it will be fixed. Support do nothing to help, most of the time they put me on hold then after 10 minutes hang up.

We are now at point where we are going to struggle to pay our rent next month because we have been told to work from home but have no broadband to be able to do work. We are both self-employed.

Can someone please help.

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Digitalle 

6 weeks downtime is absolutely atrocious  !

I'm assuming this is all at Vodafone's end and nothing to do with the router i.e equipment  ?

Sometimes things do go wrong which I'm sure many accept. 

It's then down to how this is put right which instils confidence back into the product and services.  

This would be my course of action.

I stress it's what I would do and in no way am I suggesting you must do this too. 

1. Contact the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. Use Twitter and link back to your thread here including your forum username so your not having to repeat yourself again.

This Team are excellent at resolving issues.

2. Raise a Complaint. Vodafone then have 8 weeks to come to a resolution and if they can't they'll give a deadlock letter so you can then involve the Communications Omsbudsman.

3. Check the Terms-and-Conditions to look for what Vodafone offer when things go wrong. Vodafone T&C's. 

4. Ask for extra data allowance to be placed on my Vodafone Mobile Account to help cover for the extra usage I'm having to use to remain connected i.e use the phone as a Hotspot / tethering your laptop / tablet to be able to work from home.

I'm assuming you have a sim card with Vodafone here however.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.