Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No internet connection, seemingly a problem on the line

Archer1988
2: Seeker

So, my experience with Vodafone broadband has been mixed at best so far. Aside from the delayed activation and supposed 'fault on the line', our connection has been plagued with frequent connection drops of up to 5 minutes (usually a daily occurrence, if not multiple times a day).

Cut to today where our connection died around 6am and here we are 6 hours later still without internet, and by extension no TV (thanks Netflix and NowTV). After eventually getting through to an operator and finally convincing him that everything is set up correctly and has been working for the last few months until this morning, he began attempting to convince me to start disassembling our openreach socket (for reasons beyond my comprehension). After being straight with him and stating I'm not an engineer and I don't necessarily know what it is I'm pulling apart, he reluctantly agreed to arrange for an engineer. If I'm entirely honest, I'm not quite sure why I should be pulling an openreach box apart anyway. 

This would be great... Except for the part where he first mentioned something about a problem that would be dealt with within a month and then quickly changing this to "you'll have internet within 3 working days". For starters I'm not convinced that this is going to get fixed within that time span given that initial talk of a month to begin with , but secondly I'm pretty irate that we're without a service that's being paid for (and by extension screwed on other fronts, since it also means we have no TV either).

So realistically I guess I'm simply asking what's the deal? Is this going to be addressed sooner rather than lately, and am I supposed to just twiddle my thumbs in the meantime? I'm sure Vodafone wouldn't be quite as understanding if payment was delayed by three working days... 

3 REPLIES 3

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @Archer1988, I'm really sorry you haven't had the best start with us, we'd like turn this around! 

We commonly advise to test your router in the test socket when there are connection issues - this may be what the adviser was getting at when telling you to investigate your OpenReach socket.

If you're awaiting on update on your services, I would advise getting in touch with us on social media here

Archer1988

As an addendum to this:

Still no internet, still no answers. Actually I tell a lie, we had internet again for about 18 hours after calling customer services and complaining a second time. The call took place on Monday and on Tuesday our connection was back temporarily and now we have nothing again...

Again, no one at customer services wants to be transparent and explain what the deal is and why we have no connection, yet they're quick to throw out random numbers. "you'll be back online within 3 days". "if you aren't back online in 8 days you can phone again, but don't ring again before that". Like... What? What kind of response is that? And where do these numbers even come from? I'll be clear now - everything will be cancelled and I'll go elsewhere if this is the level of response I can expect. I'm paying for a service that I'm not getting and when I ask for some clarification I get fobbed off or told not to get in contact. 

GemmaP
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @Archer1988 

Did you get in touch with us over on Social?

We'd be more than happy to do some further investigating for you to find out why you're experiencing an intermittent connection 🙂