Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Ping/Latency way higher Gigafast 900

htyaH
13: Advanced Member

I used to get 5ms ping to London (from Coventry), now I am being auto connected to Edinburugh and I get 15 ping to there, when I try to speedtest to London or even right next to me in Leicester I am getting pings above 22...I called in and they just said "they added new servers and there's nothing much we can do"...

any help?

768 REPLIES 768

Gerry_Atric

I decided to revisit this with the chat box support team and they insisted that they cannot change the routing and it's all part of load balancing!

I said it didn't make sense people up north were now routing via London whilst people in the South like me are routing via Manchester! Doesn't sound like very clever load balancing to me when the system doesn't take into account actual geographical locations.

I have raised a formal complaint as this is atrocious! I am hoping they will release me from the contract so I can pay more to be with an ISP who actually cares about people reporting issues like this and take it seriously. This is an ISP suited for downloading and web browsing, not for gaming, remote desktop working, and anything else requiring the lowest latency possible, which was the case when I first joined but not any more! 

It's currently worse than what I previously had on Virgin Media! So much for being superior to more conventional technologies like DOCSIS3!  

Ripshod
16: Advanced member

They'll never fix the issues in the router's GUI because they believe they are right to do it. This would also be the case with load balancing - they will always know better than the end user.

I don't know, but maybe it's time for the press.

htyaH

@Gerry_Atric @Ripshod Unfortunately nothing can be done besides waiting for VF to eventually decide to fix it like they did with mine.

Ripshod

Thanks @htyaH I think they may be watching this now. Had a text message invite to TOBI chat and after going through all their normal synch tests etc I now have a ticket number and am waiting for 2nd line techs to phone me in the next few days.

I told them what the problem was but it appears that's over their pay grade.

We'll see. 

The funniest thing about this whole thing is for some reason this thread is marked as Solved! 😂😂😂

Ripshod

I guess between us we have solved his. We know what the issue is, we're just all waiting for some action.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not solved really, not until VF take some action, i.e route everyone's connection in a logical and optimal fashion regardless of static or dynamic IPs. 

Although my latency isn't as bad as some have reported here, it is still up to 13ms, which is what I used to get with  VM. That was one reason I moved from VM to VF. I am paying for low ping and not getting it. 😟

Screenshot 2022-07-20 200941.jpg

I posted in the other thread about my 'lovely' 20ms!

Never had it this bad before and that's comparing it with ADSL, VDSL and DOCSIS!  

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Internet-speed/High-Latency/m-p/2712050/highlight/true#M5678

A nice chap from the complaints team of the director's office spoke to me and I explained everything that's going on and I also mentioned that you are all suffering from the same thing, it's affecting other users too. 

He has gone away to do some digging around. I asked him to let me know what everyone else here needs to do in order to make sure their routing issues are resolved too, if there is a way forward out of this mess. 

I will give him a chance and see what happens. I will keep you all updated. 

Looks like something happened last night

Gerry_Atric_0-1658470524452.png

It looks like I'm now routing through the gateway I was on before 

10.|-- ae3-xcr1.slo.cw.net (195.2.28.170) 

Did anyone else see this for their connection too?