main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Broadband connection

Red light "PPP Authentication Error" for past few days, spoke to support but no contact since?

3: Seeker

Hi, I've been trying to speak to support through Live Chat but it states it's been busy for the past 2 days. I've written to Vodafone support through Twitter and Facebook, but I've not received any response yet.

For the past few days my router has been flashing red, and the activity log states "PPP Authentication Error". On the first day this occured I managed to get through to Live Chat and my issue was logged, but I haven't had an update since.

I will provide my details if you can advise who to send them to.

It is important that my internet is running this weekend, so any help is appreciated.

Kind regards,
Mark

View more options
3 REPLIES 3

Hey @Mark_1982, this error message typically means that either the username and/or password entered into the WAN interface settings page is incorrect. You can access your GUI by entering 192.168.1.1 into your web browser and the username and password is located on the back of your router. Try this for me and let me know if it helps 😊

View more options
3: Seeker

Thanks for the reply DaneB! My username/password were all router defaults, so no change there. I did manage to get through to someone on live chat yesterday, and after I was asked for the serial number of the modem I was eventually back online. Not sure what happened there, but glad to be back! 

I'm happy with the assistance I received on live chat, but it did take a day to get through to someone as there wasn't anyone available. Also, it's worth noting that the Twitter & Facebook messages I've sent to support are still marked as unread two days later!

Also, when I contacted support on the first day of my outage, they stated there was an issue with the line and that the Tech 2 team would get in touch. Nobody had gotten in touch 5 days later, but I chased the call and found my ticket was still pending with them. I'm going to keep that ticket open just in case an outage does occur again by the time they get back to me!

View more options

@Mark_1982 You're welcome and I'm pleased you're back up and running again 🙂 Apologies for the delay in our response, our social channels are busier than usual at the moment and we're working hard to respond to all of our customers, as quickly as possible - so thank you for your patience. We're always here if you need anything else in the meantime.

View more options